Morrowind - Diary Day 1 and 2 @ RPS

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Alec Meer is finally off on the actual Morrowind gameplay stuff, with Day 1 titled Trousers and Day 2, Granny. Here's a taste:
I stumbled across a likely-looking coastal cave pretty soon after my awkward trouser incident, and lo and behold, it was full of angry slavers. Ooh, my first proper fight! I may have looked openly ridiculous, but thanks to my burgeoning thief skills and the accidental gifts of that wizard-from-the-sky, I was decked out in some pretty decent kit. Biff! All fall down. A few nicknacks looted from the three corpses, a few slaves freed (only because it was convenient, mind – I was in this wretched cave for trousers, not philanthropy), a mild improvement to my short blade skills and – yes – garments for my lower half. Annoyingly, they didn’t match the rest of my Chitin get-up, but at least I didn’t look like a pervert anymore.
More information.

I think I would have left out the wildlife and animal mods. The bats, bunnies, and hideous horses don't really fit with the feel of Morrowind.

Pisses me off when people ruin the mood and feel of an original masterpiece with some silly half-assed mods. There's nothing wrong with morrowind the way it is, just throw in the expansions and the latest patches. Maybe the high-res texture pack too if you're insisting on being a graphicswhore .. I myself wouldn't touch even those.

Other than that... it's great that the guy is doing this IMO. Makes me want to return to one of my favourite games of all time.

*glances at the Morrowind GOTY case on the shelf*

Pisses me off when people ruin the mood and feel of an original masterpiece with some silly half-assed mods. There's nothing wrong with morrowind the way it is, just throw in the expansions and the latest patches. Maybe the high-res texture pack too if you're insisting on being a graphicswhore .. I myself wouldn't touch even those.

Other than that... it's great that the guy is doing this IMO. Makes me want to return to one of my favourite games of all time.

*glances at the Morrowind GOTY case on the shelf*

Why would you care what people do to their own game in their own home?

Back
Top Bottom