Mass Effect 3 - Collectors Edition Announced

aries100

SasqWatch
Following the E3 coverage for ME3, Chris Priestly updated the Bioware forums with this thread, announcing the N7 Collector's Edition of ME3 available from March 6th 2012, the game's release date, at 79.99 US dollars. Without sounding too much like an add for Bioware, here's what in the N7 Collector's Edition.
Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of both male and female versions of Commander Shepard.
• 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
• Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
• Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
• Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
• A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
o N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
o Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
o Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for squad members Ashley, Kaiden, James and Liara.
o N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
• Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
• Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
• Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.
Also, Chris said this:
The Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition is available for pre-order at participating retailers for $79.99 in limited quantities.
I wonder what happened to pre-ordering?
Update:
Angryfrozenwater mentions this in the thread:
And Chris forgot to mention the following features for the PC's CE:

* Free tool set compatible with ME1, ME2 and M3
* Free DX12 stereoscopic high resolution textures
* Free touch screen support
* Free Logitech LCD support for G13, G19 and other keyboards
* 5 Extra SecuROM™ activations

For the regular (non-CE) release the above free items will be made available for 560 BW points each and the tool set for just 3200 BW points. Additional SecuROM™ activations will be available for 160 BW points each.

All CEs can only be pre-ordered in the month December, PC's CE only avialable through EA's Origin. Price to be announced.
Xerthil's post in the thread contains a nice image of the N7 Collector's Edition.
Chaoz14 mentions in the thread that there will also be Digital Deluxe Edition available through EA's download managher, now called Origin.
More information.

Its a Bioware game of course there will many different versions available just like there other games. Bring on the item dlc Bioware. Cant see myself spending money on it I'll get the dlc by other means.

Touch screen support?

I thought Windows 8 and Lions goofy iphone/tablet themed interfaces were simply to make the OS's feel similar between devices, I didn't realize that the entire industry was going to be pushing in this direction. Will we have to buy gigantic touchscreens for our PCs to play their cinematic games, and if we do, should we be sitting within arms reach of them?

More SecuROM activations is a feature for the Collector's Edition and otherwise cost you money to pay for each one a la carte? I'm in the habit of swapping stuff on and off my hard drive due to space limitations. I think I'll be giving this one a miss. That's definitely not a trend I want to support.

More SecuROM activations is a feature for the Collector's Edition and otherwise cost you money to pay for each one a la carte? I'm in the habit of swapping stuff on and off my hard drive due to space limitations. I think I'll be giving this one a miss. That's definitely not a trend I want to support.

Unless I misunderstood something that you said, it sounds like you have fallen victim to a very common SecuROM misconception where people believe that five activations (or installs) is an absolute limit. It is not. It is five activations on/across different hardware/machines/PCs.
You can install/activate the game on the same machine (with unchanged hardware as of the initial activation) infinite times. So if you'd want to swap ME3 on and off your hard drive then that would be no problem at all.
However, if the hardware changes significantly then you need to use one of your other activations because the game (or SecuROM for that matter) will assume that it is being installed to a different system.
What constitutes a significant hardware change is hard to tell without inside knowledge. Sometimes it's enough if one core component of the system is different like the CPU, the mainboard or the hard drive and sometimes it's based on a score system where each component is assigned a certain score and as soon as the score tips over a certain value, SecuROM "thinks" you're installing to a new system.
Finally, if you uninstall the game properly from one system (or use the EA DRM management tool) then that activation is revoked and freed up again so you can now use that activation to install on another machine.

What this means in practice is that you effectively have an unlimited number of installs. There'd have to be some seriously adverse conditions to run into the activation limit.

Hm, thanks for the clarification, Moriendor. I'd heard that before but forgotten, actually. Listing that as a feature with an associated price tag still makes me raise my brows a bit, though.

For the regular (non-CE) release the above free items will be made available for 560 BW points each and the tool set for just 3200 BW points. Additional SecuROM™ activations will be available for 160 BW points each.

Am I the only one completely flabbergasted, insulted, and disgusted by this? In addition to the other points, you have to actually pay extra if you want your PC game to have... PC features?

Pathetic.

unbelievable, I have to pay extra for hardware support now?

I can't wait for the day when Bioware charges you extra for using the latest video card or processor.
"Got 8gb of ram? That will be $10 for the game to support it."

You know they have a rabid fan-base who buy anything they shove at them. Thats the reason why they get away with so much. The EA overlord demands more money thats all.

Seriously though it will be funny if they make you pay for a toolset. It all comes down to haters gonna hate and Lovers are gonna love. Don't know whose worse.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one completely flabbergasted, insulted, and disgusted by this? In addition to the other points, you have to actually pay extra if you want your PC game to have… PC features?

Pathetic.

You do realize this was a joke ? check the oryginal thread and pls fix the news post, there was no confirmation from BioWare about this bulshit.

Gues you got trolled like i did few weeks ago :D

Haha, really? It's just a joke? I admit I actually fell for it, and was somewhat shocked by the "extra" content.

Thanks for this - I've fixed via an update on the front page. For some reason I can't fix it in the forum post. Sorry :blush:

Like Maylander I totally fell for it, maybe because I wouldn't put it past EA to try something like this? Oh boy, have I gotten jaded in the last 10 years…

Anyway, this is actual a very good example of why we need to be critical about what we read on the internet - or anywhere else.

Well past few years now Internet has become an place for actualy desinformation, instead of actualy information center, so yeah gotta watch out for trolls more than ever :D

Anyway the post was simply an sarcastic feedback to EA marketing and way of seling games by them, you know DLCs, packs and other s**tzzzz ;)

Well past few years now Internet has become an place for actualy desinformation, instead of actualy information center, so yeah gotta watch out for trolls more than ever :D

No need, the world will end next year anyway. I read it on the internet.

*laughs* I guess it shows what we're all too ready to believe about EA/Bioware these days. Nice one.

Haha, really? It's just a joke? I admit I actually fell for it, and was somewhat shocked by the "extra" content.
My eyes were popping at the "Free DX12 stereoscopic high resolution textures". I haven't heard anything about DX12. It doesn't make any sense to have a stereoscopic texture, either.

But that Direktx 12 stuff is an obvious pun against those people who prefer graphics (latest state of art grapjhics !) bfore content.

And it is a pun against people not "hinterfragen" news (the German "hinterfragen" could be translated as "ask what is behind something").

This directly leads into Agnotology.

Back
Top Bottom