Drakensang Blood Mountains

Gragnak

Black Knight
Blood Mountains (spoilers!)

This area is full of quests.
You'll have to choose between Praoits or Witches.
Heach faction asks you destroy the other.
I' wont spoil single quests but there's a point where you can decide not to kill a certain Praois priest (if you choose to save the witches and battle the Praiots).
Now my question.
When you go back to Praiots camp after the prios wine quest, every soldier will attack you, also the Praios priest you "saved" in the bull toad quest.
Is there a way to calm him and to spare his life?

Last edited:
I agree. I modified my previous post to hide all spoling infos.
Also, I'd like to know which are the rewards for the different quests.
Completing the witches quests let you learn some good nature skills, archery skills, new spells for your wizard and you get a good warhammer (two handed).
Is there anybody who completed the Priots quests and can give us e smilar list?

I cannot help much wth the question, except that I avoided the Praiots at all costs.

Just don't enter their area anymore.

The general community thought is to support the witches, by the way, because it seems to be "fairer". But everybody must decide this on his/her own.
A certain meeting before you enter the castle ruins will show you why.

I killed the priest. And old witch told me that because of that i can't go to the camp.

So IF you let the priest live you will be able to visit the camp AFTER certain evil person is defeated.

Now my question is if i ever get another melee trainer other than the camp one. Or i am screwed for good.

I killed the priest. And old witch told me that because of that i can't go to the camp.

So IF you let the priest live you will be able to visit the camp AFTER certain evil person is defeated.

Now my question is if i ever get another melee trainer other than the camp one. Or i am screwed for good.

They just wont attack you on sight anymore, if you handle the situation with the toad peacefully. But they won't let you into their camp.
If you want the special benefits of the Inquisition you MUST work for them.

There will be no other good melee trainer for the next few parts of the game.

They just wont attack you on sight anymore, if you handle the situation with the toad peacefully. But they won't let you into their camp.
If you want the special benefits of the Inquisition you MUST work for them.

There will be no other good melee trainer for the next few parts of the game.

It seems that if you don't kill any Ray of Light (starting from the recovering witch's pot quest) you'll be allowed to enter the Priots camp.
In the German forum they say that you can wait till the guard flee from the encampment where the with's magic pot is located.
If you set every character on defensive mode and avoid combat with Ray of Lights, the priest at the will let you in.
They say tha, if you finish all the quests in non-violent mode, you'll get two pieces of magic armor.....
I finished the wirches quests without killing the priest but I killed some guards and I can't enter the camp.
Anybody knows which rewards you get working for priots?
Which combat skills can you learn?

They called them "Ray of Lights" ... The original term for this group is "Bannstrahler", a special group (parts fanatics) who kind of work for the Praiots.

dict.leo.org (no www) translates "Bannstrahl" both as "Anathema" and as "Thunderbolt".

The Bannstrahler are in fact a sect of Praiots, which is quite aggressive against anything that has something to do with magic, thus witches - and even magic users, too ! Because Praios is also a god who bans magic in general (you can't use magic in his temples).

This rather fanatic sect wants to eradicate the witches there ... So, "Ray of Light" is quite an understatement/Euphemism of what this group really is and does ...

This is the reason because I've helped the witches.
Well, I think I've finished almost all the quests:
- helped the good brigands vs the evil (killed the evil brigands boss). Reward: a key for a chest in the castle ruins.
- helped the witches using my fast talk ability without forcing anybody. Reward: e magical necklace, some potion, 2 wild animals helping me in the fight vs cultists, 2nd magical armor component - bracers (after defeating the master inquisitor).
- failed to get the witch's magic pot without killing the soldiers. I've killed them (perhaps I fail to enter the camp because of this).
- helped the troll toad to get fat firefly meat. Reward: a magical ring.
- defended the troll toad talking my way out without killing the priots.
- defended the witch trees. But I was forced to kill the soldiers.
- Saved the woodcutter.
I can't enter the priots camp now (they say I've killed too many of them?) but they don't attack me and I think I've maintained good relation with them.
Perhaps with a higher charisma or fast talk skill I could convince them to let me pass?
Tonight I'll go for the castle ruins.

They called them "Ray of Lights" ... The original term for this group is "Bannstrahler", a special group (parts fanatics) who kind of work for the Praiots.

dict.leo.org (no www) translates "Bannstrahl" both as "Anathema" and as "Thunderbolt".

In Realms of Arkania 2 they are called "Anathemizers" if I remember correctly. For those of you who played the game you may remember that part in Gashok.

The reason i failed the "pot quest" is that my group kept following my sneaking rogue.

Is there any way to keep the rest of the group still?

Even with one char selected the rest start following after you reach the end of the "leash".
If I remember correctly, there is one guard away from the rest, and when he sees you he runs to the place and brings the other. Maybe you can immobilize/sleep/turn to stone him? I don't know as I found him before I got any quest so I just smashed them all.
Also, I left the area with all my quests done, but when I killed some dragonflies I got a message of 'dragonfly meat quest item obtained', and when I left the area it said something like 'dragonfly meat quest item released', so I guess I missed one quest somewhere

I had the problem with the pot quest that my characters ALWAYS followed the "sneaking" person. There is no way to change that.

Even worse, in my case I found a whole detatchment of Praios-Warriors at the site. I read that at one point in the game there is a single one, who calls additional warriors for protection if he is attacked - maybe even if he is attacked by creatures/monsters ?
Well, I had a whole group of them there.

This is how it worked in my case:

I put quite a lot of points into sneaking, and put ALL metal things off ! No party member must wear any kind of metal armor or so ! Because it decreases the successful skill checks of sneaking drastically, I heard.

I let the character with the highest amount of sneaking points sneak to the pot - always behind the tents !

Only very, very shortly before getting to the pot the group was discovered.

I instantly presed pause, gave instructions fot the one character running to the pot and grabbing it, released the pause, and let the pot be grabbed.

Then pause again, and giving the direction to run out of the camp with the whole group !

Releasing the pause, and then they ran ! With the pot, of course !

They came across a group of friendly wolves, which attacked the Praiots.

They ran all of the time away and around, until the Praiots were too far away and lost interest.

That running around was quite difficult, because it was possible to "meet" other groups, but in the end they lost interest and went back to their camp, the remaining ones.

This is how it worked in my case.

@wolfing: That dragonfly thing has something to do with the toads. Or with the "main toad".

Working on a choice guide for Blood Mountains, I haven't played through all of it yet so please contribute if you can.

Choice: Help Witches or Praoits

Option A: Help witches by stealing wine, etc.
Pros: Access to trainer(s) for nature skills, Alvina: archery skills, new spells
good warhammer (two handed)
Cons: No access to melee trainer for awhile

Option B: Help Praiots by killing witches
Pros: Access to melee trainer
Cons:No access to witch trainer(s)

Choice: Side with Ronkwer's "Bad" Bandits or Humbert's "Good" Bandits

Option A: Help Ronkwer's "Bad" Bandits
Pros: ?
Cons: ?

Options B: Help Humbert's "Good" Bandits
Pros: a key for a chest in the castle ruins
Cons: ?

Option C: Fight all of them
Pros: ?
Cons: Ends quest immediately, no key for the chest (or is there?)

Last edited:
It seems that if you don't kill any Ray of Light (starting from the recovering witch's pot quest) you'll be allowed to enter the Priots camp.
In the German forum they say that you can wait till the guard flee from the encampment where the with's magic pot is located.
If you set every character on defensive mode and avoid combat with Ray of Lights, the priest at the will let you in.
They say tha, if you finish all the quests in non-violent mode, you'll get two pieces of magic armor.....
I finished the wirches quests without killing the priest but I killed some guards and I can't enter the camp.
Anybody knows which rewards you get working for priots?
Which combat skills can you learn?

Anyone get this to work? Can you point us to the German forum you mentioned?

I eventually killed nearly all the rays, but I got the wine very early with no problem.

Option B: Help Praiots by killing witches
Pros: Access to melee trainer
You also get access to another quest which is about destroying the witch trees which reward you with a nice hammer.
You also get, for free, a great armor which is the equivalent of the long chain mail sold by the Praiot merchant in the camp but with only 2.5 enc instead of 4, if I remember well and a pretty good mage robe.

I still have to kill the "head witch" so there might still be more.

Back
Top Bottom