Phoenix Point - Launch Trailer and PC Requirements

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on the launch trailer for Phoenix Point and have the PC requirements to play.

Snapshot Games has also revealed the game's official PC system requirements. PC gamers will at least need an Intel Core i3 or an AMD Phenom II X3 with 8GB of RAM and an NvidiaGeForce GTX 660 or an AMD Radeon R9 270.

You can find the game's full PC requirements below.

[...]

More information.

Anybody has info if they managed to improve the game SPEED since the betas? Or does it still require a powerful PC for the transparent building displays and large monsters walking into buildings?

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to playing this next week!

Haven't been following this too closely but the trailer looks good. Don't most trailers though? I'll have to go check out some gameplay videos but if it's anything like Xcom I'll be picking it up.

Well, I already don’t like the game. It made me sign up for Epic. :lol:
@ChaosTheory;, Thanks I try my luck. That reminds me I need to donate some keys.

Finally spent a decent amount of time with the backer build today - a few starter tips:
> Take plenty of extra ammo into battles. You can pick up other (including enemy) weapons from the ground if you run out. You can also use a bash attack in close quarters.
> Save AP to get into cover. The AI is good even on standard difficulty - definitely reminds me of those classic X-COM battles.
>Don't shoot your own squaddies - found this out the hard way :/

Info for nonbackers, DLC:The Game masterplan (release dates not specified, all expected during next year):
https://forums.snapshotgames.com/t/phoenix-point-release-date-and-dlc/5001
ad5a25b77d076ca871a0fa91f0e4f16698a8e7a9.png

Anybody has info if they managed to improve the game SPEED since the betas? Or does it still require a powerful PC for the transparent building displays and large monsters walking into buildings?

Streams showed nothing like that. Works fine.

Is Paradox publishing this title ? Just wondering by looking at that table and the number of the DLCs … holy crap
Nope Epic's bribe money is funding that DLC.:biggrin:

Sounds great - can't wait for 2021!

It is going to be streamed. Another opportunity to assess the addition of the action system, the target system (and how it reduces the RNG side of things)

Is Paradox publishing this title ? Just wondering by looking at that table and the number of the DLCs … holy crap

It is mandatory. From streams, this looks dull, blank, flat. It is a content browser product mostly and the interest will depend on injecting new content.

Nothing much in this product like a game. It does not stand on its own by the virtues of its gameplay.

Streamers are expected to play their first run on the second to highest difficulty level. Then milk another run on most difficult settings, using another faction. And finally, playing a last run with the last faction.

Streamers'job, they are focused on time spent on a product vs earnings. They will welcome the product as it provides them with work hours.

Beyond it, new content will be needed to keep players interested. DLCs are essential and welcome.

I raised my eyebrow a bit when I saw that DLC plan as well. On the other hand as a backer I get all the DLC without paying anything extra, so it was pretty damn cheap.

Downloading it now, I'll skip watching streams and do something crazy and try it myself. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom