The TV Series discussion thread

why would horror be more "fun" than anything else? most horror is terrible, out of 10 horror movies i watch a year maybe one is great, one is "ok", the rest is trash in the 3-5/10 range.

the genre description on IMDB has never been great.. there should be a way for users to suggest what something is, when there are enough scores for the genre they can put it in without verifying the movie manually.

I did view a second episode of the Boys last night, and it was just as good as the first was. I'll continue to watch this show, as the suck factor seems almost non-existent in it. I also will likely check out at least the second episode of the Rook.

Started with the new season of ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ ... it felt a bit slower than previous seasons, but still fun and funny. There was a ‘setting the table’ feel to it, so will be interesting to see if it delivers.

MV5BMzgxMmQxZjQtNDdmMC00MjRlLTk1MDEtZDcwNTdmOTg0YzA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ2MDI5NjU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Seems there's 3 more episodes of Mr. Robot, for the current and final season. And then I can jump into it and binge it. I'm really excited. Loved this series. Very underrated, and I'm constantly shocked how few people know of it or watch it. Highly recommended.

And we're also getting The Witcher tv-series on december 20th. So it's gonna be a great holiday as far as tv series are concerned.

What do you mean how. Check the score on imdb:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/
95/100. Aka per imdb users it's the show with laserprecision historical accuracy and especially scientific accuracy - with only a couple of scenes that aren't good that Held it slightly below 10/10.

And then you either watch the show and start not believing it's bloated score or dig the internet only to learn that the show creators underestimated the audience. The audience that is silent and doesn't score stuff on imdb.

Here's one example:
https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-random-people-who-stumbled-across-huge-terrifying-secrets/

It's just one example.

I wouldn't consider cracked.com a credible source for discussions on TV shows lol

It was a good show, but i'm not sure i agree with all the 10/10, "best show ever" etc. I'd probably rate it 8/10, which still means i really liked it.

Chernobyl was the best miniseries of the year. Hands down. Was it the best piece of television content in the last decade? No, but it's up there. Obviously it doesn't touch other great shows, i.e. The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, etc.

nah, not up there with Kingdom or The Boys, imo. It was good but it was also just the story about Chernobyl, it did not bring anything new that most people did not know (i hope).

The show did a great job visualizing and explaining what happened at the plant.

Many people only know Chernobyl as the place where the nuclear meltdown
happened. But that's as far as their knowledge goes. The show goes into detailed
about how incompetence, bureaucracy and pride led to the plant's devastating destruction. I knew about Chernobyl, obviously, but the show gave me additional details, and I walked away learning many new things.

Seems there's 3 more episodes of Mr. Robot, for the current and final season. And then I can jump into it and binge it. I'm really excited. Loved this series. Very underrated, and I'm constantly shocked how few people know of it or watch it. Highly recommended.

This will be an interesting one for you to binge.

I was pretty excited to hear Malek is the new Bond villain.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. This season. My word…

This will be an interesting one for you to binge.

Yeah, I keep hearing only good things about season 4 and that it involves all sorts of mind-fuckery. Can't wait.

Rami Malek is indeed one of the best actors to recently rise to prominence. Great for him. He deserves it. He's fantastic as Elliot Alderson. Just constantly mesmerizing.

Umbre. So it's Sopranos, in Romania. Could be cool? Protagonist has a problem with panic attacks.. sounds familiar?

No, this is rather sloppy i think, despite having good actors.. It's both predictable and unbearably stupid. e.g our silent type / tough main guy goes to a doctor to collect debt (=not a friendly visit). For some reason he decides to have a chat about panic attacks (goes against this character quite a bit) and lets said doctor inject(!) him with a unknown(!) drug(!) straight to the.. NECK! WTF… hard skip.

I'm playing Dragon's dogma and was reading some interviews on a sequel when I found this:
https://www.pcgamer.com/dragons-dogma-is-getting-a-netflix-anime/

A dragon's dogma anime for netflix which is scheduled for 2020. It could be capcom's way to gauge the interest in the franchise, and, if positive, a proper sequel (there was also like a Japan-exclusive MMO).

Umbre. So it's Sopranos, in Romania. Could be cool? Protagonist has a problem with panic attacks.. sounds familiar?
I seriously doubt that title has anything in common with Sopranos.
The first season was based on australian show Small Time Gangster, but is not a "faithful" remake - because Romania has it's own problems the new show is supposed to be quite different. Also, the aussie show has only one season while Umbre got three seasons (so far). :)

Ages ago I've added it on my long "to watch" list and it's rotting there because I don't have time for everything. Still am interested to see if the show went boring topics seen in every other tv series or concentrated on geographical specifics (migrations, slave trade and crash of the economy).
Which means, I'm kinda not interested in one panicking protagonist but in everything else. For panic extremism I can always rewatch the screaming professional girl through all of the Spielberg's junkware War of the Worlds. :)

I liked this episode of the Mandalorian better then last two. It was entertaining enough. More "cool" than "good" though. It seemed to have a lot of comedians in it? Bill Burr, and the bug-eyed droid seems to be voiced by Moss from IT Crowd? It sounds like him at least. I also think i recognize the big guy with horns from Dumb and Dumber (the guy who chokes on chili or whatever they gave him)..

I tried watching the first episode of Mandalorian the other day, I gave up after twenty minutes or so. My standard for Star Wars fair is pretty simple....it needs to be of Empire quality, or I just do without. Likely that means I won't care for any recent Star Wars releases, and so far that seems pretty accurate, and I'm ok with that.

I tried watching the first episode of Mandalorian the other day, I gave up after twenty minutes or so. My standard for Star Wars fair is pretty simple….it needs to be of Empire quality, or I just do without. Likely that means I won't care for any recent Star Wars releases, and so far that seems pretty accurate, and I'm ok with that.
Don't feel bad as I'm the same, I see al these new movies and shows getting released, and all I feel is meh. If I could go back in time I would stop Lucas from selling.

Then again Disney already said they don't care about the old fan-base.

Last edited:
Assuming that's true, it completely explains to me why I've not enjoyed any of the newer Star Wars offerings. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to cater to the original viewers a bit more, as far as characters/story ideas go, but that's their decision. I plan on checking out the newest Expanse series sometime this weekend, I'm hopeful it will continue to live almost up to the novel standards.

Back
Top Bottom