RIP George Romero

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Last edited:
The first time I saw Night of the Living Dead I was around 10 years old. It was just so much better then other horror or zombie movies at the time. It is the reason I am still such a horror and zombie fan today. Those movies are more about survival.

I still remember the ads for Dawn of the Dead back in the 70's. I never wanted to see a movie so bad in my life. My parents weren't going to let their 8 yr. old go see a movie that was not even rated R because of the violence. The first VCR tapes I ever rented back in 1982 were Dawn of the Dead and Time Bandits. I guess at 13 my parents thought I was old enough :) Also, I think they just wanted to shut me up.

RIP George you have made my life way more enjoyable. I hope you come back and begin the Undead Plague. I have been preparing myself for it my entire life :)

Never liked zombie movies. I was perhaps too young when I heard stories about black plague and for some reason I got obsessed with it and asked elders about it whenever I could. When I got a bit older and found those movies, it just didn't feel like a horror to me any more, it felt like a crappy representation of a virus where from being invisible it got human bodies yet instead of talking about loss, movies concentrated on silly screams and futile attempts to escape.
However, the silly premise of zombie movies can be used as an education material in addiction dealing institutions, thus there is a huge value in those.

George Romero was not one of those people who did things only to earn him billions unlike modern Hollywood that is spamming zombie movies and series rubbish like crazy.
He did stuff with passion.
RIP

Loved most of his movies. His last Dead film was terrible though. I also liked his "little" films, like Martin and The Crazies. There's a scene in the latter that always makes me laugh where the grumpy scientist "hero" has to work with equipment not up to his standards in the high school's lab and he looks into a microscope and barks, "Why, it's a damn toy!"

Back
Top Bottom