Shadow of War - Now has a Marketplace

I won't pay a penny more than $9.99 for a Nazgul!

Other single-player games have this "feature" in which someone can pay real money to advance more quickly. I completely ignore it and I don't understand why anyone would want this. However, I also don't understand why people are so offended by it. Apparently there are some who take advantage of this feature, so this gives them an option.

As Ripper has already suggested above, there is simply no way a cash shop does not affect the design and tone of the entire game. The designers of the game now have a whole new focus of finding a way to entice you to open your wallet, rather than simply trying to entertain you. Sounds like this game will take the well-beaten path of adding grind. Your quasi-RPG has just become a quasi-slot machine.

Mirian is a form of in-game currency that players earn by playing the game. Along with Gold, Mirian can be used to purchase Loot Chests and War Chests from the Market.

Currency in a SP game, the fuck. This is reaching new levels of absurdity.

Paying for cheats? Why not just cheat and save the money?

Some may think you're joking, I sure don't. The answer is cheat like hell. It's easy enough, trainers usually aren't hard to find either.

I've long since lost count of how many times a mod, cheat or trainer etc has helped do away with the grind they add to so many games, and it's made those games so much more enjoyable.

Other single-player games have this "feature" in which someone can pay real money to advance more quickly. I completely ignore it and I don't understand why anyone would want this. However, I also don't understand why people are so offended by it. Apparently there are some who take advantage of this feature, so this gives them an option.

Ummmm?

Not that the game will be in any way affected, in order to incentivise payments to bypass the grind. Oh dearie me, no.

I doubt its Monolith, and highly suspect its Warner Brothers, the publisher.

For all the nonsense they've pulled WB has somehow stayed under the radar as far as bad publishers go.

Ha, gold doesn't offer an advantage in the game…but it does save time.

WB is a giant walking phallus inflamed with herpes. I'll never touch anything they publish because of the way they handled the Asheron's Call franchise when it was time to pull the plug. Now they are wiggling themselves in front of people trying to get them to take in this single player cash store crap, no thank you. There are better games to be bought.

Asheron's Call

crying-man.gif

Someone served me a cake. On top of it is - shit.

You might be able to ignore it, you might not understand why am I offended.
But if you say it's a cake of the year, we have a problem man.

I don't want any presence of shit in my games, okay? I cannot ignore it. Nor will. It needs to be cut away before selling it to me.
If a publisher and developer do not want to cut it out like in this case, sorry, I will post everywhere and talk to all my friends that the game is - shit.

What about those who don't want to play all main quests of the game? No option to buy an automatic finish of the whole game? I'm disappointed. :(

Ahahahahahhahahahah. This is so true, 'gold' wil help you skip parts so you don't have to play the whole game to see the end. Actually, why dont' you go to youtube, search for 'shadow of war end' and save a hell of money and time?

It's worth noting that RPS posted a story on this ( https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ow-of-war-details-microtransactions/#comments ) and there is quite a bit of vitriol in the comments there for the decision too. However, one interesting comment from someone in the games industry says this practice is aimed squarely at maximizing profits on consoles (which they think it will do) and that WB probably doesn't really care too much about the effects on the PC.

Would be nice if the console market dried up and blew away. Bad enough they screw up the interface on pc games - actually maybe that is worse than the micro transactions.

It's worth noting that RPS posted a story on this ( https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ow-of-war-details-microtransactions/#comments ) and there is quite a bit of vitriol in the comments there for the decision too. However, one interesting comment from someone in the games industry says this practice is aimed squarely at maximizing profits on consoles (which they think it will do) and that WB probably doesn't really care too much about the effects on the PC.

Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
It's worth noting that RPS posted a story on this ( https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201…ions/#comments ) and there is quite a bit of vitriol in the comments there for the decision too. However, one interesting comment from someone in the games industry says this practice is aimed squarely at maximizing profits on consoles (which they think it will do) and that WB probably doesn't really care too much about the effects on the PC.

Would be nice if the console market dried up and blew away. Bad enough they screw up the interface on pc games - actually maybe that is worse than the micro transactions.

There. ;)

Millennials need to be educated we don't get pushed into paying for this type of BS. This doesn't sound like a game as a service with USEFUL or needed content. This is a cash grab mechanic. We need to send a message that this is unacceptable.

Millennials need to be educated we don't get pushed into paying for this type of BS. This doesn't sound like a game as a service with USEFUL or needed content. This is a cash grab mechanic. We need to send a message that this is unacceptable.

Er, my apologies, but I'm a bit lost here - what does this have to do with millenials?

I'm not thrilled with the idea of a marketplace, but then I had no intentions of purchasing the game regardless.

Back
Top Bottom