Diablo 3 - How Far Is A Yard @ Escapist

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Escapist Magazine published a new article for asking How Far Is A Yard in Diabo III.
Many skills and passive abilities in Diablo 3 include descriptions that measure distances in yards. However, the game offers no easy way to know how far one yard is, which would naturally lead you to assume that it should be intuitive enough to not require further explanation: a yard is a yard, right? Three feet, or roughly one meter.

Well, unless you've made some effort to figure out the length of one yard on your own, you'll be surprised to find out how short the distance is. Going by our real-world comparison, it turns out that your Diablo 3 character is a nine-foot-tall monster. As a rule of thumb, keep in mind that the radius of a waypoint is 10 yards. For more specific guidelines on how distances are important to each class, let's take a look at some popular skills.
They also included a new video to go with the article.

More information.

LOL this phenomenon is not limited to Diablo 3-- WoW spell ranges also have a meaningless yard value attached as well. I could never figure it out and just let my mods show me if a desired target is in range. Apparently trying to apply real world distances is the wrong way.

Someone must have been really bored to bother investigating and writing about this :)

That's true DArt but there are gamers who are more interested in numbers than in the game itself.

I can understand the interest in numbers more than in an arbitrary distance designation :)

That's true DArt but there are gamers who are more interested in numbers than in the game itself.

But I think D3 (and D2 too) is a game about numbers, not a game about saving the world. A visit to any D3 fan´s board makes this clear: only noobs or casual gamers speak about things without the use of formulae or tables.

Back
Top Bottom