Aveyond 4 - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The entertaining RPG Maker game Aveyond 4: Shadow Of The Mist has been released on Steam - the first reviews are positive:

Boyle Wolfbane wanted to rule the world. He failed. Miserably. Forced into retirement early, Boyle now spends his days arguing with haunted trees and scaring off the occasional knight. At least he still has Fang, his loyal storm wolf. Things could be worse. He could have been born a hero.

Features include a sophisticated battle and menu system. There are also many things to squash, burn, and collect. And… You. Will. Laugh. (Unless you are a zombie, in which case, we cannot help you.)

Features:
  • Recruit minions to aid you in your quest
  • Collect magical cheekis along your journey
  • Offer your skills to become part of a night watch
  • Join a coven and expand your horizons
  • Transform friends into creatures
  • Discover the locations and purpose of mist portals

Thanks Couch!

More information.

Last edited:
Now I just have to actually finish 1-3 before buying this.

Aveyond - awsome game!
Aveyond2 - okay, but... did we really need this? Not bad, not great either.
Aveyond3 - how about not making more milkem crap?
Aveyond4 - will play if they pay me for it.

I honestly don't think I've even heard of this series before. Those of you that have played them, what other games would you compare them to?

They are RPGMaker games, so don't expect complex mechanics or deep character progression. As RPGs they are pretty casual, but I like playing this type of game between two more complex RPGs. (Much more then ARPG clickfests in fact.)

With that said, of all the Aveyond series, I have only played the prequel, Ahriman's Prophecy. But I liked it enough to get the rest of the series. You can get it for free, at the developer's website : http://aveyond.com/games/ahrimans-prophecy/, and then make your own mind.

Back
Top Bottom