Yakuza 0 - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Action RPG Yakuza 0 has been released on Steam.

The glitz, glamour, and unbridled decadence of the 80s are back in Yakuza 0.

Fight like hell through Tokyo and Osaka with protagonist Kazuma Kiryu and series regular Goro Majima. Play as Kazuma Kiryu and discover how he finds himself in a world of trouble when a simple debt collection goes wrong and his mark winds up murdered. Then, step into the silver-toed shoes of Goro Majima and explore his "normal" life as the proprietor of a cabaret club.

Switch between three different fighting styles instantaneously and beat up all manner of goons, thugs, hoodlums, and lowlifes. Take combat up a notch by using environmental objects such as bicycles, sign posts, and car doors for bone-crunching combos and savage take-downs.

Fighting is not the only way to kill time in 1988's Japan: from discos and hostess clubs to classic SEGA arcades, there are tons of distractions to pursue in the richly detailed, neon-lit world.

Interact with the colourful denizens the red light district: help a budding S&M dominatrix learn her profession, or ensure a street performer can make it to the bathroom in time - there are 100 incredible stories to discover.
More information.

This isn't my kind of game, but I can see why some people would like this game.

What does that supposed to mean? What kind of game this is in fact? I'm pretty sure except "openworld" it's impossible to put anything else on it and not miss chunkload of it's different features.

That aside, the release is not without child diseases. For some there is an audio issue (easily solved by editing ini file):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311784370/
If sound is muffled, turn up master volume up. If youre getting skipping and crackling, go to the audio ini and put audio mode to 1
While in fullscreen, ALT+TAB will crash the game and also being afk for a while (which will normally happen during longish cutscenes), the solution is keeping it in borderless window. It's not known if this is also an issue with submisssion #36 that crashes on everyone:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311585108/
Game crashes during a cutscene at a substory No.36 [I am Kazuma-kun]
Then there are random microfreezes when for unknown reasons the game hammers CPU for a brief period, no cure to that yet although seems setting FPS to 60 will make it happening not as often.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964751473032469/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766310975208/
Some guy says disabling hyperthreading in BIOS solves the issue… wait… is this yet another case where i7/i9 owners are whining after being suggested not to buy i7/i9 for gaming:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311829560/

Finally, saving the game for some reason fails here and there and you have to repeat it for a few times to be sure:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311191138/

Yea, okay, also some say the game doesn't detect their PlayStation 3 mushrooms. Some say Playstation 4 mushrooms are not correctly mapped:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311554057/
And some say their "goddamn Xbox one controller isn't working".
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766310711758/
As I don't care about mushrooms didn't search for possible solutions.

[EDIT]
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766311803425/
ijkl for mini games
I don't mind the m+k controls, except for mini-games. Please let us at least change them to something more recognisable! I thought it was the look keys and remapped those, but it's still the same keys for the mini games.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1739964766310718913/
Disable motion blur
Any way to do it? I looked a little bit in the profile configs but couldn't find anything. Not super good at this stuff so was just wondering if i should get a refund until it gets patched or modded or something.

Seems the port is, at least partially, bullshit.

Last edited:
@joxer;

Well, I'm 5 hours in…. And alt tabbed after losing the fight to the first boss FIVE TIMES. He's kicking my ass! Should have stocked up on potions
before I went to leave the yakuza.

It's got that Skyrim feature you love so much where the world pauses so you can munch down 20 meals in a row.

So, let me see if I can tab back in…… Yes, but it goes to a window then you alt+enter to get back to full screen.

No audio issues for me.

No cpu issues on my i7, HT is on, overclock is +1GHz

Saving hasn't failed for me either.

Playing with my xbox one controller which works great.

Pretty fun game, so far!

Look I can't confirm anything as I can't play the game yet for certain RL reasons although it's installed and waiting. Hopefully I'll be able to play some of it at saturday or sunday.

Did you find a way to disable motion blur?

Nah, doesn't have an option for it, but I haven't noticed any motion blur. There's depth of field. Which you can't turn off.

But the graphics quality is sort of Max Payne 2 level of detail. It will run awesome on anything, I reckon.

In most games, I always turn motion blur off because it's a waste of performance, but in this case I don't need any extra performance. Solid 144fps.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any exit game option. Gotta alt+f4 to close it, I think.

I refuse to play games that haven't been properly ported.
Weird kb&m layout for mini games? Sound issues? Alt-tab bugs? Alt+F4 to close?

Yeah... no thanks. Far too many other nice things to play.

Yeah, there is some issue when you tab back in. The FPS read-out from Steam said 1fps for a while even though that wasn't true and now it seems to be stuck on 60FPS. Gonna have to restart the game after I beat this fight.

It's a good sign that I've been playing solidly since I got it. Many games I quit out of in the first 15 minutes for one reason or another. I'm even a little interested in the story and I don't usually care about storylines at all. :)

Some people are reporting massive issues and say it requires a patch others no issues at all. I picked it up since it was cheap but haven't tried it yet - figure i'd wait for that first patch.

Oh Sega you f***ed up again. That twice in a month so far.:disappointed:

Think I'll wait for patches or a modder to fix the port problems.

People are simply going to learn one day, you just don't jump in on day one anymore. Those days are long past us all. Even if I heard this was the next lovely version of awesome wheat bread, now I would wait to buy it simply based on the bashing the port seems to be taking on the chin.

Well, reviews are 79% positive and most people did not experience any technical issue.

The homo vibe for this game is too much for me! Nice to see something different to the usual genre stuff though.

I hate the user reviews from people who couldn't get the game working. That's not a review of the game. That's a review of how bad their PC is and how little they know about fixing their own PCs issues.

Fix your issues, play the game then come write a review of it.

I hate the user reviews from people who couldn't get the game working. That's not a review of the game. That's a review of how bad their PC is and how little they know about fixing their own PCs issues.

Yes lets blame bad PCs for negative reviews.:roll:

Considering Sega ruined a sonic port last month with bad DRM. Now I get some users just rate negative all the time like on meta-critic but generalizing is terrible.

It's like the old I had no bugs so no-one else should have any with Bethesda games.

Game refuses to start although a machine fits or exceeds minimum requirements listed on Steam - that's the most important review of a game.
Game can't keep steady 60 frames per second or can't reach 60 FPS on high (not ultra) settings although the machine it's running on fits or exceeds recommended requirements listed on Steam - that's the second most important review of a game.
Game insults k+m on PC by mapping backspace for something, using ijkl for emulating mushrooms or whatever other nonsense - that's the third most important review of a game.

Someone got paid by 2Kgames to write a review on Steam - that's irrelevant review. Um... Wait… This ain't 2K's marketing hype scheme.

Well, why haven't I ever had a game I couldn't get to run?

If I couldn't get a game to run why would I write a review of it?

Let me have a look at the reviews and try to find an example of what I'm talking about…..

i have gtx 1050ti.. and i can only get 20fps on low settings? why?
0.3 hours played. Why indeed. He doesn't know why. If he wasn't a noob he might have listed all the things he tried. Driver updates, OS updates. Maybe his computer is infected with malware running crypto mining software for all we know. Useless review. (BTW 1050ti gets 6000 3dmarks)

Crashes at random with no autosave, game is great but losing hours is not.
I played for 7 hours yesterday, including alt-tabbing out for dinner time. No crashes. Why would it crash? This guy doesn't know. He didn't fix it. He's probably playing on a 1GB RAM netbook with winXP 32bit and no updates.

Random crashes on launch whenever the game feels like it. I'm sure ♥♥♥♥in Denuvo is to blame.
Well, at least this trash PC noob has an idea. Even if it's wrong.

The port is broken. I like many others, cannot even get past the first cutscene. Mid cutscene, the audio sputters, then freezes entirely.
Again, as with every bad review, they don't list what they've done to fix the issues. Update directX, maybe? Who know's how he has his sound set up. I could tell you that mine is on 24bits, 48KHz and there have been no issues. Maybe it doesn't like 96KHz, who knows? There's no info to work with. Useless review.
Runs like crap
What value is this review? The system requirements say "2500 3dmark" card. Do you have any idea how crap 2500 score is? GTX 1070 gets 11000. 970 gets 8000. If it runs like crap your PC is absolutely abysmal or you need to update your drivers! a GTX 460 is 2500. The 400 series is so weak on shader performance. Even the 580 only had 512 CUDA cores then 680 jumped to 1500. 1080 has over 2500! Whatever this guys issue is it's not the games fault.

99% of the time it will just crash on launch. Good job sega.
I guess he ran it 100 times and it worked once? Good job, reviewer!

If I listened to any of this noobs I'd have done myself a disservice.

My game ran first time. It runs every time. There have been no issues besides alt-tab messing with the refresh rate. With Vsync off it runs about 250FPS. It hardly "runs like crap". There are no audio issues, etc, etc. Nothing in these "reviews" is correct.

I built this PC with my own two hands. I know how to troubleshoot PC issues. That's why I haven't had any. My system is set up properly. Yet I don't write steam reviews? I KNOW my opinion is one of the best quality and still don't write reviews. There's nothing at all in the heads of these morons who think their 0.3 hours playtime of a game they can't run needs a bloody review done of it. Useless!

/rant :)

My game ran first time. It runs every time. There have been no issues besides alt-tab messing with the refresh rate. With Vsync off it runs about 250FPS. It hardly "runs like crap". There are no audio issues, etc, etc. Nothing in these "reviews" is correct.

I built this PC with my own two hands. I know how to troubleshoot PC issues. That's why I haven't had any. My system is set up properly. Yet I don't write steam reviews? I KNOW my opinion is one of the best quality and still don't write reviews. There's nothing at all in the heads of these morons who think their 0.3 hours playtime of a game they can't run needs a bloody review done of it. Useless!

/rant :)
I wonder what would you say if you saw my 0.000001 hours of Neptunia playtime then thumbing it down on steam and writing basically "mushrooms plague hits PC".

To you it's definetly an useless review. But then again, that Neptunia steam user review I made in such way was not ment for mushrooms addicts. :p

I also built my PC with my own two hands and when it's needed I troubleshoot it. That doesn't mean I'll praise pisspoor code even if it runs smoothly on specific setups like mine. On another hand, I will praise any game that runs normally on i5/r5 but "misbehaves" on i7/i9/r7. I mean… You don't drive to work with formula one car, right? :)

I wonder what would you say if you saw my 0.000001 hours of Neptunia playtime then thumbing it down on steam and writing basically "mushrooms plague hits PC".

I Also built my PC with my own two hands and when it's needed I troubleshoot it. So what.

Well, if you built your own PC then I'll bet you Yakuza 0 will have no issues.

Ok, so, I've seen you say Mushrooms a few times now and I'm starting to think it doesn't literally mean mushrooms. It's just a joxerism, like how MMO means any form of multiplayer and how hairworks means naked women.

What is mushrooms?

Back
Top Bottom