Fallout 76 - Wastelanders Update Delayed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCInvasion The Wastelanders update for Fallout 76 has understandably been delayed.

Quarantine order

Just like the real world, the digital denizens of the Wasteland have been (indirectly) affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Bethesda has opted to delay the Fallout 76: Wastelanders expansion by an extra week to cope. This will also affect the game's arrival on Steam, which they have delayed by a week as well.

Fallout 76: Wastelanders is set to add voiced NPCs, introduce dialogue choices, and even add a reputation system. Some would say these are the primary hallmarks of a Fallout game, and it's good to see them arriving at last.

[...]
More information.

Seems a game designed with no NPCs was doomed from the start, probably not fixable. Amazed that this decision was made. I like the setting abd Fallout 3 & 4 were ok so I guess I want more games made but not if they are like 76. Also glad for the Wasteland 2 & 3 games in a similar setting.

Seems a game designed with no NPCs was doomed from the start, probably not fixable. Amazed that this decision was made. I like the setting abd Fallout 3 & 4 were ok so I guess I want more games made but not if they are like 76. Also glad for the Wasteland 2 & 3 games in a similar setting.

Could be doomed, since shoehorning NPC's after the fact may not save it.

I played it at release and requested a refund not long thereafter (they honored it, which impressed me a little). To that end, I will patiently wait and see how the update goes and will reconsider trying it again since I did like many aspects of it the first time.

Back
Top Bottom