Fallout 76 - New Game Teased By Bethesda

True Fallout fans will be laughing at this, not buying it. Most of us have been waiting since Fallout the second for a return to the excellence that this franchise used to enjoy. I don't think I'd touch this even on a five dollar sale, unless I heard friends raving about it.

Good thing you can play the excellent UnderRail.

Atom RPG also looks promising but will need some more time.

Krai Mira I only played an early build of and it was... bad. Not sure if it improved much later on.

I want settlement building, especially with mods that remove restriction and expand on it but I dont want fallout 4. If this is a rpg and not a fps I am interested.

id prefer settlement building in the elder scrolls but chances are high that will happen.

Of course its online , its confirmed , and with microtransactions.First business rule do not release competiting products. They wont release any epic single player games anymore cause then you wont play elderscrolls online.
The online model is a lot more profitable to them mandatory credit card means it erase completely piracy.

I enjoyed FO1 and 2 but I never put nearly the hours into those games, even combined and multiplied by 100, as I have FNV and FO4.

I was very happy with FO1 and 2 but also happy with newer games - they are not mutually exclusive and I am glad to see that they were not all identical in style.

FO76 may be yet another style. This time one I may not like. If so that is the way it goes. I lucked out on FNV and FO4 being great games for me. While I enjoyed FO1 and 2 I could never play them now.

I did see some rumor that JD posted about FO3 being remastered still and if so I might actually try that game again. I could never finish it in the past but maybe with the remaster and some renewed interest in it (because of my FO4 play and references back to FO3) I might be able to. Also I found I really enjoyed the combat in FO4 to the point it might make FO3 a bit more enjoyable as well as the fact that I didn't mod back when I was trying to get into FO3.

I am psyched to see all the FO news lately myself and don't get hung up with constant comparisons to previous styles. While I am not that excited about what I am hearing with FO76 I am sure some folks will enjoy it.

The only thing I really dislike is microtransactions in games - probably my biggest hatred in current game trends. I don't hate MP/Online, I just dislike it as not my thing. But MT - grr... hate them.

Never heard of Rust so I have no point of reference.

It pretty much started the "PvP survival game" genre along the early access craze (2013, the game only left early access last February). It's less or more forgotten now because there is a bazillion of other PvP survival games that spawned since and then the genre morphed into "battle royal" at this point.

Yeah that's a great point, when I'm getting that Fallout itch in the future, I'll likely just reach for UnderRail to do the scratching with. That game is a total blast, from beginning to end.

Yeah that's a great point, when I'm getting that Fallout itch in the future, I'll likely just reach for UnderRail to do the scratching with. That game is a total blast, from beginning to end.
Isn't the developer making an expansion for UnderRail? :thinking:

Anyway it's time for a replay, but I dread playing the endgame part again.

Fallout 76 seems to have some multiplayer option. Which is a good thing too. Multiplayer keeps game updated and patched.

Did they listen to and learn from the feedback from Fallout 4? Hopefully this teaser release is more like Far Harbor.

I've given up on Fallout. I can't take being disappointed anymore.

I enjoyed FO1 and 2 but I never put nearly the hours into those games, even combined and multiplied by 100, as I have FNV and FO4.

I was very happy with FO1 and 2 but also happy with newer games - they are not mutually exclusive and I am glad to see that they were not all identical in style.

Yeah, I've also put more hours into FNV and FO4 than FO1 and 2. FNV, in particular. To me, Fallout is actually a type of setting that works really well with Bethesda's style of exploration.

Looks like I'll be skipping FO76 though (if the rumors are true).

Pete Hines "we don't want to be the studio that keeps making tes and FO cashcows, so now we use the fame of these games to make horrid online microtransaction nightmares because of our undeclared love of money"

Pete invented the phrase "I hope the loot on you is worth it"

No sign of the mourning coming
Fallout's now in Todd's hands
Like a rainbow in the dark
Just a rainbow in the dark

After settling down a week later this is all I have to say.:cool:

If the game ends up being ESO/Rust for fallout 4? I’m out.

No way am I gonna focus on base building just for some jack ass riding a death claw with a sentry bot companion to take it in an instant, and proceed to spawn camp.

If it’s optional multiplayer with a compelling single-player? Then I might be interested.

Zv2fAs1.jpg

we've gone from wanting a 3 remaster to getting a new game to finding out its online to wishing we got the remaster.

Back
Top Bottom