Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread - Page 54 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

November 3rd, 2019, 01:15
It's definitely a gem. I just noticed the new rug in the tavern, which was particularly awesome.

Be very careful with the Charge attack. If you're charging a group of enemies and you've already got some friendlies engaging it, your character will run around, looking for an opening to get close enough to swing. That pathing code is NOT GOOD! Your character can and will run around in circles to try and get that swing. Normally it just looks silly but, if there's another enemy close by and your character runs by that enemy… WHACK! Opportunity attack! (Val can take it but poor Nok Nok…)

Another tip: opening chests and disarming traps, at least in the first few chapters, is a big source of XP and goes only to the character that does it. Look at them as if they are treasure and try to give that xp to characters you expect to use a lot.

I'm really eager for teleport circles but those divinity and arcane points are not easy to come by.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2019, 06:29
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
It's definitely a gem. I just noticed the new rug in the tavern, which was particularly awesome.
I love that new rug too!!

I'm really eager for teleport circles but those divinity and arcane points are not easy to come by.
Did you unlock arcane advisor position yet? It will open up the position once you reach Divine rank 3 + 60 points. It should be easier to gain arcane ranks then since you gain points by assigning advisors to problems and opportunities.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2019, 16:57
I think I'm actually in the upper 20's for both arcane AND divine! My high priest is always on a 60 day research project into some curse or other when the problems/opportunities show up. Maybe I'm doing too many of those things.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

November 3rd, 2019, 21:03
I think I'm actually in the upper 20's for both arcane AND divine! My high priest is always on a 60 day research project into some curse or other when the problems/opportunities show up. Maybe I'm doing too many of those things.
You don't have to research curses unless you want to go for the "true" ending which is really tough to get especially in first playthrough.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

November 29th, 2019, 20:26
So how is the game now? I still haven't restarted it since I stopped playing because of all the patching like two weeks after it launched.

And I kinda forgot about it once I moved to other games (kinda because I never uninstalled it) until I saw the news about their announcement of announcement for their (Owlcat) next game.

Now, I'm kinda in the green pit of Stardew Valley addiction, but I might jump back into Kingmaker once I get bored of being a farmer.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 30th, 2019, 00:16
FYI not sure if this bug is old news (was posted 11/5) and maybe they fixed it. Has to do with respeccing in last chapter can cause a problem:

Spoiler
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

November 30th, 2019, 00:49
@azarhal Kingmaker is in excellent condition - the steam recent review is now "very positive" I'd say you jump into it now. I think I'm going to tag out Kingmaker with Stardew now since tons of new contents are added!

@wolfgrimdark - from my knowledge that bug with respec should be resolved now.
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 30th, 2019, 03:05
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
@azarhal Kingmaker is in excellent condition - the steam recent review is now "very positive" I'd say you jump into it now. I think I'm tagging out Kingmaker with Stardew now since tons of new contents are added!
I actually got a "party based RPG" burn out this summer followed by a general gaming burn out (I found all my games boring). That is until Stardew, which I only reinstalled after reading 1.4 was releasing soon about 2-3 weeks ago on a whim.

I'm not sure I'm cured of the burn out yet, but Stardew is relaxing to play and I got easy goals right now (get married, finish community center). Kingmaker basically gives me anxiety just thinking about what class to play and the kingdom management.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

November 30th, 2019, 18:03
Getting married is a goal, and an easy one as well!? Madness!
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

December 2nd, 2019, 15:17
Anyone tried the Kineticist class? How is it? (I own all the DLCs).

I was interested in the Scaled Fist back at released, but skipped it because the Charisma to AC was bugged and it is a bit unclear if it was fixed or not. People claim it's just a visual bug now, but don't seems to be 100% sure.

At this point, I might just go with my normal "go to class" aka the Paladin, but I tend to prefer chaotic good alignment. I wish this was D&D 5e, I could pay an actual chaotic good Paladin.

Or retry my original Inquisitor from back at launch (I suspect I lost all my Kingmaker saves when my HD crashed in September, I didn't check if I did).

Getting married is a goal, and an easy one as well!? Madness!
It's easier to get married in Stardew Valley than finding a prismatic shard or dinosaur egg….or reach floor 100 in the Skull cave without cheating with self-made stairs (which requires doing all 120 levels in the mine first to get the key to open it).
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 2nd, 2019, 17:42
Kineticist is a bit like warlock in NWN2. I found it fun enough - mixing elements to get different blast attacks is cool. The class itself is quite OP in general.

Personally, I liked coming up with my own build than playing Kineticist NPC. Some say Kineticist Knight is gimped but I had fun with my build, didn't struggle on normal.
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

December 2nd, 2019, 19:35
I saw the comments about the class getting OP at level 13 on Reddit after I asked about it here. I might have to look at it, once I dare open Kingmaker character creator…
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread