The TV Series discussion thread

Well Kids for sure will love it. Besides it just isn't that different from.american ninja warrior reality which is aimed for adults :lol:

I don't see a problem with them doing kiddie spinoffs. I know a few kids who will love this.

It's just a pity they also make shite films.

Finished His Dark Materials . . . . meh

Visually spectacular
Story plodded
acting was so so at best

Basically they stretched out the book to 8 episodes and it totally felt like it. They should have added 4 episodes and told the story of all three books. Don't know if I can come back for the next season with the smiling giggly lead girl. Remember how Dakota Fanning was screaming through out war of the worlds??? Well the lead in this series is damn near smiling through out.

Tried out the first two episodes of Lock and Key. It was okay, but I am distracted and thinking about heading over to the Amazon Prime series Hunter.

B E W A R E , THIS GUY (LUCIFER656)
HE COPIED MY POST FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR IN ORDER TO GIVE HIM/HER SELVE SOME CRED.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061597165&postcount=5034

Last edited:
Yeah, bot tactics - copy some random posts from the past, and there's a decent chance it looks like legit posts to moderators. Then start the shenanigans.

MV5BNzc4YjM4ZTMtZDc3Ny00ODIxLWJkMzktMGIxOTBhZGY1YTYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU2ODM5MjU@._V1_SY1000_SX800_AL_.jpg

Space Force just released on Netflix. I'm excited to see it. I loved The Office, and wonder how this is going to go. I hear it's being panned quite a bit by reviewers, but I've learned to no longer care for official opinions, and just see for myself.

Good idea to not look at reviews too much. I'm guessing this one is politically loaded which can result in some very biased reviews.

Good idea to not look at reviews too much. I'm guessing this one is politically loaded which can result in some very biased reviews.
Given it was advertised as a political parody of Trumps Space Force I can imagine the cringe already. I can also already see the glowing reviews from certain sites.

Last edited:
As I don’t think Steve Carrell is funny, I’ll just skip it.

I saw the first 2 episodes, and it's nothing "amazing", but it's pretty good. I'm enjoying Carrell a lot. The satire is in spades. What I'm surprised is they got Malkovich on board. He's usually a very serious actor, so I wonder what his motivation is in all this.

I'm sure it won't be The Office level of funny, which I loved, but I also remember that I was pretty luke-warm to The Office upon the initial viewing. And it really grew on me with subsequent viewings. I think currently I saw the whole Office series at least 5-10 times already.

We watched the first episode last night ... and it was 'OK'. Yes the obvious basis is brain-dead political announcement from a certain clueless idiot ... but that is honestly not enough to power a show, and fortunately they knew that and tried to go beyond it at least in the first episode.

My wife was the least impressed ... will see when we decide whether or not to watch another episode ...

We watched the first episode last night … and it was 'OK'. Yes the obvious basis is brain-dead political announcement from a certain clueless idiot … but that is honestly not enough to power a show, and fortunately they knew that and tried to go beyond it at least in the first episode.

My wife was the least impressed … will see when we decide whether or not to watch another episode …

I'm 4 episodes into it, and it's really growing on me. I like Carell's character quite a bit. But he is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes he's outrageous and a charicature, like Michael Scott in the Office, sometimes he's more realistic.

I do like that they make fun of the military, quite a bit. It's really outrageous how the US handles the military vs any other of its responsabilities. And this is coming from someone living outside the US. But there are still glimmers of american exceptionalism in the show, which I'm not sure yet if they're meant as honest or satire. I hope for the latter.

I'm sure it won't be The Office level of funny, which I loved, but I also remember that I was pretty luke-warm to The Office upon the initial viewing. And it really grew on me with subsequent viewings. I think currently I saw the whole Office series at least 5-10 times already.
Which reminds me of Ricky Gervais at the Emmys:

Ok, the fifth episode of Space Force was the first episode I can clearly label as bad. It's also starting to look like they're probably going to run out of steam. There's just not enough material to work with, and the cast is also pretty limited. The only characters that get any significant time is Carell and Malkovich.

This in comparison with The Office which had a lot more material to critique. Or maybe military life is just not as relateable as corporate life in a company. But The Office also had a way bigger cast, where there were the 4 (vs 2 in Space Force) main characters, and a whole lot of really likeable secondary characters.

Watched Mandalorion S1.

I like all SW movies except for Phantom Menace, which is awful. But I don't feel any deep love towards SW universe.

...So this series was kinda boring to me. If you take away your affection for SW in general, what remains is very strong production values. Stories are generic and dull, characters are generic and dull, and most of the 8 episodes were a struggle to get through.

The main character is good, the baby is good, the (almost main) villain is good, and whenever the main story advances (25-50% of the time), it's a good series. Some of the action is also very strong for a TV series. Really enjoyed the final showdown in EP3, AT-ST in EP4, and the TIE-fighter scene in EP8.

But mostly it's just filler. I didn't care much for it.

info of what? it clearly says the title of the video for me "Dark Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix"

info of what? it clearly says the title of the video for me "Dark Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix"

NO IT DOES NOT SAY ANY SUCH THING!

ALL that is on the pasted thumbnail isi “Netflix” and “Official Trailer”. No other information unless you click into the video.

THAT is why you have been asked REPEATEDLY to post some actual useful information. PLEASE just take 5 seconds and include the title ... again, people keep asking.

Back
Top Bottom