GOG - GOG Connect Launched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
GOG Connect is a new program allowing you to add DRM-free versions of some previously purchased Steam games to your GOG library at no cost. These are limited-time opportunities from participating developers and publishers, with more to come.

Add Your Games to Your GOG.com Library with GOG Connect

Connect your Steam account and jumpstart your GOG.com library for free.

Warsaw, June 1 — Today, we're launching a new program called GOG Connect. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library (at connect.gog.com).

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or looking to copy over your previous purchases, GOG Connect gives you DRM-free versions of your games, along with digital extras and the freedom to choose between standalone installers or the optional GOG Galaxy Client. It's our take on game ownership and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, over 20 games can be added to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

You can view the full list of games on connect.gog.com, including:
- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While GOG Connect will stick around, the games available will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned for more games to come.
More information.

Sloooow going on the site. I was able to link my Steam account, but have not yet had any luck getting it to pull my game list. I think they are being hit hard right now.

very cool concept. Processing.....

You get a DRM free version, but of course that requires downloading your steam games and re-package them one by one ;-)

And in completely different news... Processing... Processing... Processing...

LOL! They changed the text:

Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.

HAH! Ah well, can't look a gift horse in the mouth, but still hilarious.

I'm pleased to see there are so many would-be defectors to GOG, though.

I'm pleased to see there are so many would-be defectors to GOG, though.

Never having concerned myself with gifting on GoG, I thought I could give away my extra copies. Not really interested in using them for myself.

Never having concerned myself with gifting on GoG, I thought I could give away my extra copies. Not really interested in using them for myself.

Are they allowing that? Seems like the studios could lose out quite a bit if everyone uses it to get two copies for the price of one.

Are they allowing that? Seems like the studios could lose out quite a bit if everyone uses it to get two copies for the price of one.

Yeah, doesn't seem like it. Right now I think it would only have been Shadowrun, anyway.

I see it as a generous gift. Alluding to the fact that the vast majority of us already owned old games that we bought AGAIN on steam, or AGAIN on gog.

Wait a sec...
Assuming I got steam cards, steam achievements and played a game for 50 hours... Will GOG "backup" that info too? :D

It didn't detect games in my STEAM list, which isn't true. Tried to make it veryfy again and now it says is processing, it might take several days...

I wonder if it will complete processing before we are tired of playing games ?

Don't know about that. However I think it will complete before the (actual) release of Grimoire.

pibbur who hasn't even started yet.

I wonder if GOG will let Steam do similar? I sure wouldn't mind buying Witcher on GOG then playing on Steam with its achievements and screenshot uploading.

I understand your frustration guys but that's a brand new service. Public beta I would say. Let's give them a bit of time to get over teething problems.

Back
Top Bottom