C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
This one talks 10min in about the interactive dialogue system where NPCs can react to what you are looking at.
Assuming it's not quest points but random chatty… Do we really need that banter improvement today?

It will increase players' self importance.
NPCs reacting to where players' avatar watch, guy is big, guy is universe center.

So for this kind of attitude products, definitively.

Assuming it's not quest points but random chatty… Do we really need that banter improvement today?

It's not (just) random chatty. The example given was V looking (probably using xray vision) to something hidden and the NPC starting to panic. I think it might also add option in dialogues.

Basically, instead of doing a skill check to see if NPCs are bluffing/lying and doing a skill/check when you call the NPC on it, you have to spot it your self.

I'm not saying it's something bad, it's natural to have it one day. I'm saying do we already need it in RPG? This year? Or perhaps some other things are more important?

The mechanics is basically taken from adventures, only widened as in this case NPCs are not fixed (nonlinear game with day/night cycles).

Believe it or not, there was 2 Cyberpunk 2077 trailers. The Xbox conference and the youtube version have differences.

We can now add a Trailergate to CP77 growing list.

Someone did a comparison on reddit. We can see LOD differences in some cases, also probably hairworks and no-hairworks.

The shot comparing Lizzy Wizzy is crazy for another reason though, the crowd is in the same pose, but they all look different.

Believe it or not, there was 2 Cyberpunk 2077 trailers. The Xbox conference and the youtube version have differences.

probably hairworks and no-hairworks.
Consoles no can do.
But don't you worry about that - plenty of people apparently can't spot the difference, just as 30 or 60 frames per second is all the same to them.
If you ask me, they lie.

Translated polish interview.

"Megabuilding is basically it's own ecosystem. There are vendors there, a gym, a shooting range and only after a few minute ride on the elevator you enter the city"…flashback of ME1's elevators…

Also, it's the 3rd interview that makes me think
that V is going to be a cybernetic transplant like Motoko Kusunagi in Ghost in the Shell and end up confused about their humanity…

Link - https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-working-build

Seems you were right about the demo presentation azarhal.
Speaking to Kotaku’s Jason Schreier, CD Projekt co-CEO Marcin Iwiński said that the Cyberpunk 2077 demo is a real slice of gameplay rather than a separate project. The entire Cyberpunk team focused on making assets for the demo, and that will eventually be used in the completed game.

“From what I’ve heard, some companies have separate teams that work on E3 demos and stuff like that; we don’t do it this way,” Iwiński said in the interview for Kotaku's Splitscreen podcast. “Maybe it’s better or worse, but for us it’s a cool milestone. We obviously branch out to get it done, but [building the demo] is moving the whole game forward.”

“It’s surprisingly a real build, so we didn’t fake anything here,” he said, explaining to Schreier that they’re using the “same RED Engine” they used for The Witcher 3, but “with 90 percent of it rewritten.”

“We didn’t start these conversations, but we got a lot of feedback like that in the previews, people actually noticing that certain things just look natural, they don’t look pre-rendered or fake,” he said. “This makes us very happy, and very proud, because we’ve actually managed to pull it off, to take a build.”
A release next year is possible.

This video was shared by BoboTheMighty on another thread.

Gamesindustry.biz interview.

"The blood, sweat and tears behind Cyberpunk 2077"

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-06-21-blood-sweat-tears-cyberpunk-2077
There are few higher pedestals to be placed on at E3 than the 'and one more thing' moment closing out a first-party press conference - but that's the height CD Projekt Red achieved with Cyberpunk 2077.

Hacking their way into Xbox's showcase, the acclaimed Polish developer shared the trailer for its upcoming sci-fi RPG. While there was no direct gameplay shown, the footage was from in-engine visuals and gave a glimpse into the vast, neon-lit dystopian metropolis players are eager to explore themselves.

Later in the week, we meet with CEO Marcin Iwiński and he is still visibly relieved to be able to talk about his team's next project.

"The blood, sweat and tears behind Cyberpunk 2077"

I was briefly considering whether this refers to the poor fans. The exhaustive suspense of an early hype and all. :biggrin:

Well according to Mike Pondsmith we can wait a few more years.

So 2020 seems likely.

pcMhA.jpg

Also it seems the game will have multiplayer some point.

Link - https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/675173/Cyberpunk+2077+multiplayer+appears+to+be+moving+forward/
At E3 CD Projekt Red firmly revealed that, while it won't be part of the game at launch, they have been experimenting with multiplayer in their upcoming sci-fi game Cyberpunk 2077, and now it would seem that they've hit strides in the development and implementation of this feature, as the company is now hiring new online-focused staffers.

You add multiplayer capabilities to a game like this, to me that just says they are choosing to demean what could have been a great game and settle for an average product, if they're lucky it even rates that. At some point folks need to realize it can be far more profitable to rock the boat, rather than climbing into one that is inexorably sinking.

Coop in a game like Cyberpunk would be utterly fantastic if done right.

Sounds like they might add something later, and coop would be the obvious choice.

Then again, I would also adore a proper coop Fallout or Deus Ex.

Based on what I know of Cyberpunk, so far, it sounds like a true open world Deus Ex - which would be an ideal cooperative experience if they can integrate multiple players into dialogue sequences.

One of the few innovations in SWtOR was cooperative dialogues - and it worked great.

However, a tacked-on coop without the inevitably excellent narrative of a CDPR game, would be underwhelming.

Not sure if CDPR understand how to do multiplayer, so I will withhold judgment of their intentions for the time being.

Some kind of competitive death-match or skirmish separate game mode would be meaningless, if you ask me.

This is more from "gamer's" perspective:

No big revelations, straightforward impressions. Combat seems surprisingly good ( compares it to modern ID shooter.. though that was the build they went for in the demo)

How he describes Dialogue seems it's less linear, restrictive ( if that makes sense): sometimes you're in a situation with mutiple people around you, what you do and who you converse, could affect the outcome.

Coop in a game like Cyberpunk would be utterly fantastic if done right.
It would ruin the game.
How he describes Dialogue seems it's less linear, restrictive ( if that makes sense): sometimes you're in a situation with mutiple people around you, what you do and who you converse, could affect the outcome.
It does make sense and it's finally a step forward. All games still stick with the same formula, in some cases it's even a meaningless downgrade where nothing really matters (ME4).

Back
Top Bottom