Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Occasionally, if it's good enough

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Only a handful of classics

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Almost never

Votes: 15 15.5%

• Total voters
I love replaying all kinds of games (mainly rpgs and shooters though). Heck some of my favourite games only got better with the second playthrough, because I knew the game dynamics better. Let alone finding new stuff, trying different things, following a different path. I almost never felt bored. I'm shocked to read that few don't even replay rpgs. I can't think of a single rpg on my shelf that I haven't replayed atleast once. Gothic for example, all the cool stuff i'd have missed... Deus ex is an other classic I've finished atleast half dozen times. Or what about fallout 2? Isn't it a game that is meant to be replayed over and over again? The most recent rpg I've replayed is witcher and it won't be the last time.

I don' really replay games that often, but I like knowing that I could do things differently - even if I never try - and I feel regularly annoyed by the realization that I'm being railroaded.

Most RPGs to me have zero re-play value as I tend to do almost all of the quests in the one playthrough as even if they DO offer branching story-lines the branching is so insignigicant as to usually make me want to replay it.

Same goes for character class variety, most games you can have a party and sample all types or have a fairly openish tree aain essentially allowing trying everything, or lastly usually only have one character type that is fun for me to play.

I'm just not interested in replaying non-open ended games, it's too much of a been there, done that already feeling in most cases. OTOH I can get hours of fun out of games like Daggerfall, Morrowind, X2, X3, etc.

I'll replay "if it's good enough." Normally, I'll replay something after a year or so whether it is linear or not. After a year it's fresh again and I can try some different paths that I may not of tried the first time around (assuming I passed it).

I played the Bard's Tale twice.
Dungeon Master till I played all the way thru with one caracter.
After Wizardry 8 was released, I played it almost every day, till my computer was stolen.

I just finished playing the BG series from start to end. I have yet to play NWN MotB, despite finishing the OC. I'm debating right now between:

1) MotB, mainly because I kind of feel like I should give it a try, especially since I upgraded my machine from my OC campaign
2) Playing Icewind Dale again, but with the NPC pack mod
3) Replaying the BG series again with all different companions (many from mods) and the Longer Road mod, but I think I should wait a bit
4) Playing Ultima VII again (I keep toying with Exult)
5) Learning how to mod either BG or NWN2

I'm leaning towards either IWD or learning to mod.

I should probably give IWD2 another shot. I was bored and lost interest in it my first go through, maybe one of the NPC mods will hold my attention better.

I never REPLAY games!! I mean having replayed:
KotOR 1 :24 times (really)
KotOR 2:6 times
Gothic 2 :12 times
Gothiv 3 :3 times
Fallout 2 :3 times
Oblivion: 4 times
And every other RPG 2 times doesnt mean i replay games.I HATE REPLAYING GAMES!!!!

I rarely ever finish a game. Then I reinstall them a couple of month/years later, but lose interest again after some weeks. If you call that replay ok...

Back
Top Bottom