Runespell Overture & Six Gun Saga

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Here are two indie card games that I've had my eye on, but haven't had the heart to try out yet.

Runespell Overture

Six Gun Saga by Vic Davis who made the outstanding Armageddon Empires and Solium Infernum

I love card games, but I prefer new kinds of games like Magic, Etherlords or even Caravan from Fallout: New Vegas. I don't really care for poker. That's why I haven't tried these two out yet. Though after reading a bit more about Six Gun Saga I probably judged it too soon. I saw those poker cards and assumed it's something like regular poker.

They both have a demo and I'm downloading them as I write this, but I'm curious if anyone has bought these and played them? If so, was it any good?

Thanks.

Runespell was fun for a little while, but it quickly got repetitive. It is a game that is best played in short bursts, when you don't have time to start something more serious and time consuming. It looks quite nice though, with well drawn and animated graphics that are above what you would expect from an indie title.

Fnord is pretty spot on with his thoughts on the game and the graphics. I enjoy the game but I love games like this. I am looking into six-gun saga as soon as I post this. A little off-topic, but one of my all time favorite card games is one my grandmother taught me to play. It's called "Milles Bornes." Its a card race game that is quite fun. there are some pc and ipod versions to play solo, but it is much more fun multiplayer. How I do miss playing for hours on end on Thanksgiving with her and my cousin. Great memories.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Even though Runespell has been getting great reviews I was pretty sure I'd get bored with it quickly. You've just confirmed that.

Six Gun Saga on the other hand is nothing like what I thought it was. Like all of Vic's games you have to read the manual. Once you figure out the rules, it's a bit of fun.

I also love games like Runespell, but I didn't really like Runespell itself that much. One of my pet peeves was that you don't really unlock permanent new abilities, just one shot effects.

6 gun saga I've been curious about too, may have to give it a try sometime.

It always astonishes me what I'm able to misread; in this case, it was a "Six Gaga Saga" ...

The world can not handle six Gagas. It can barely handle one of them.

The world has enough people with little-to-no talent being celebrities. I originally said "stars", but there hasn't been any of these for quite a while. If you don't know what I mean, you're simply too young.

Back
Top Bottom