Wizardry: Five Ordeals will be released 17 Dec!

I'd love to see a new Wizardry game fron an American/Canadian or European developer. These Japanese Wizardry games just don't do much for me.

I'd love to see a new Wizardry game if it was fron an American/Canadien or European developer. These Japanese Wizardry games just don't do much for me.

I tend to agree. While David Bradley took Wizardry to great heights from graphics, to mechanics and even simulation in going from 5 to 7, the Japanese Wizardries (and their clones) stayed with same formula as the older ones.

Nevertheless, any Wizardry at this time is more than welcome.

This looks so damn generic and cheap. Its really sad they use the name Wizardry for this...

Looks like another Japanese or Chinese version of the series.:(

I have you on ignore so your posts don't show. Another case closed.:smartass:

Only wrote this for future readers who get confused by your posts targeting me.

I'll be there on day one, and if it's not supported with an English translation, I'll just have to hope that one will appear in the future. Any Wizardry revival/continuation will always have my full support!

I'll be there on day one, and if it's not supported with an English translation, I'll just have to hope that one will appear in the future. Any Wizardry revival/continuation will always have my full support!

But it isn't. They bought a trademark. That's it. They even say it has nothing to do with the Wizardry series on the Steam page.

But it isn't. They bought a trademark. That's it. They even say it has nothing to do with the Wizardry series on the Steam page.

I think that the correct statement is that they have nothing to do with Wizardry (original scenarios) 1-5 (because of copyright holders). Wizardry five ordeals are just other scenarios with the original Wizardry mechanics and have been for 15 years in Japan (with an editor). So if you enjoyed Wizardry 1-5 then this is comparable.

I think that the correct statement is that they have nothing to do with Wizardry (original scenarios) 1-5 (because of copyright holders). Wizardry five ordeals are just other scenarios with the original Wizardry mechanics and have been for 15 years in Japan (with an editor). So if you enjoyed Wizardry 1-5 then this is comparable.

I think the big deal here is the fact that it has a Wizardry EDITOR... I know I'd have a blast making Wiz 1-5 style dungeons for friends to rock through.

I think the big deal here is the fact that it has a Wizardry EDITOR… I know I'd have a blast making Wiz 1-5 style dungeons for friends to rock through.

It does not:

"Due to various reasons, we have decided not to distribute the editor in steam
, at the same time as originally announced for this release. However, this decision does not mean that we disposal the editor plan itself. We will continue to make every effort to release the "editor service" by the end of 2022, if possible."

It does not:

"Due to various reasons, we have decided not to distribute the editor in steam
, at the same time as originally announced for this release. However, this decision does not mean that we disposal the editor plan itself. We will continue to make every effort to release the "editor service" by the end of 2022, if possible."

Ah, funk. Well I'll probably wait until this has an editor in it, then. It might even fully be in English by then.

:D

Back
Top Bottom