Elden Ring - Overview Trailer

I disliked Dark Souls 1 a whole lot back in the day, partly because the story did not grab me at all in the few hours I played it and because of the gameplay, and I haven't tried another of their games since. Sekiro might be one I try, if it goes on a big sale and then if when I look into it further it doesn't have the play-for-30-minutes-die-and-have-to-play-those-same-30-minutes-again gameplay.

Elden Ring looks good from this trailer, so I'll wait to see if it has that frustrating gameplay element and also if the story is told in a way I would hopefully enjoy.

Yeah, this does look good. I would love to explore that world, but I can wait. I'll sit back and wait for the inevitable patch cycle to conclude.

Elden Ring looks good from this trailer, so I'll wait to see if it has that frustrating gameplay element and also if the story is told in a way I would hopefully enjoy.

Honestly, this looks like more of the same as DS1 (which is fine for me), so I wouldn't hold out hope.

Honestly, this looks like more of the same as DS1 (which is fine for me), so I wouldn't hold out hope.

Yeah, from what little I saw Im convinced From Software is not wandering too far from their usual signature design. Which is not bad news for me, being big fan of Dark Souls series.

I've scanned a bunch of reviews and the critical response is overwhelmingly positive. It has a 97 average from 80 reviews and the language most reviewers are using include words like "masterpiece" and "one of the greatest games of all time."

Can't wait. My biggest quandary is how to balance my excitement for this and my enjoyment of Horizon. I kinda wish they had come out further apart.

I've scanned a bunch of reviews and the critical response is overwhelmingly positive. It has a 97 average from 80 reviews and the language most reviewers are using include words like "masterpiece" and "one of the greatest games of all time."

Can't wait. My biggest quandary is how to balance my excitement for this and my enjoyment of Horizon. I kinda wish they had come out further apart.

Yeah, I’d be very surprised if this game doesn't hit my top 5 of all time and very possibly number 1.

As I’ve posted elsewhere I don’t usually get too hyped for games but I’m all in on this one.

It looks amazing and the story sounds cool. Does it have an easy play mode for those who just want to explore and enjoy the story?

It has a 97 average from 80 reviews and the language most reviewers are using include words like "masterpiece" and "one of the greatest games of all time."

Eh… I remember when Oblivion had a similar reception.

It looks amazing and the story sounds cool. Does it have an easy play mode for those who just want to explore and enjoy the story?

No. I don't think words like "easy" and "story" exist in Fromsoft's vocabulary.

It doesn't have an easy mode perse and will require some skill but most bosses usually have a way you can cheese them. In previous games at least. Developers are saying Elden ring may be easier because of all the different options you'll have to approach combat.

I expect exploration to be great as always. As for story I'm guessing it will be more transparent than previous games but still far from a focus unless you really want to put time and effort in to reading item description and lore and piecing it together yourself. I spent thousands of hours over DS1-3 and had no idea what the story was beyond uniting a flame or some such. I finally had to watch a youtube video for an explanation.

Playing a souls game for story is like playing the witcher 3 for comabt. Sure it's there but that's not what keeps you coming back.

Thanks, yea I won't be playing this. The only combat I dislike more than turn based is twitch based DS combat. Won't touch this game with a 100 mile pole. TB I can at least put up with if the rest of the game is good.

I don't like to use the word hate, as its a strong word and over-used, but I come close to hating DS style combat. So if no easy mode there is no way I could deal with it.

Quite alright considering how many other good games are coming out this year, with 3 I am interested in for March along. Plenty to go around for everyone's style and taste.

It really does look good - and I'm glad it's going to be so popular, because that means mods are sure to come sooner rather than later.

Once the FPS can be unlocked - and the stuttering is gone, I'll definitely give it a proper go.

I do love the concept of exploring a huge world without markers or guidance - even if it's nothing new. That was actually the norm back in the day :)

It really does look good - and I'm glad it's going to be so popular, because that means mods are sure to come sooner rather than later.

Once the FPS can be unlocked - and the stuttering is gone, I'll definitely give it a proper go.

I do love the concept of exploring a huge world without markers or guidance - even if it's nothing new. That was actually the norm back in the day :)

From what I read, 1.02 "Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions" so there's hope it's quickly solved.

Thanks, yea I won't be playing this. The only combat I dislike more than turn based is twitch based DS combat. Won't touch this game with a 100 mile pole. TB I can at least put up with if the rest of the game is good.

I don't like to use the word hate, as its a strong word and over-used, but I come close to hating DS style combat. So if no easy mode there is no way I could deal with it.

Quite alright considering how many other good games are coming out this year, with 3 I am interested in for March along. Plenty to go around for everyone's style and taste.

Yep, definitely no shortage of games for all tastes. It’s funny my favorite combat style is DS combat followed closely by TB combat.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom