The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
‘THE WITCHER: RISE OF THE WHITE WOLF’
COMING AUTUMN 2009 TO PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM AND XBOX 360®
- Award Winning, Million-selling Role-playing Franchise Coming to Consoles with Thrilling New Dynamic Combat, State of the Art Visuals and Unparalleled Story -

NEW YORK, NY – December 2, 2008 – At the ATARI LIVE showcase event in London today, Atari and CD Projekt RED announced plans for the global release of The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf on PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in autumn 2009.

Based on the story of multi award-winning million-selling PC role-playing game The Witcher and completely rebuilt pixel by pixel for the new generation of consoles, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf brings the unrivalled RPG experience to Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 with a brand new combat system for thrilling dynamic action, and a new engine delivering matchless state-of-the-art visuals. The game is underpinned with the evocative and enthralling story which helped secure the original game’s status as PC role-playing game of 2007, based on the mature and compelling universe created by renowned Polish fantasy writer Andrzej Sapkowski.

“The creative vision and dedication to the quality of the player experience that CD Projekt RED bring to the Witcher games is extraordinary, and it’s great to be working with them to bring the Witcher universe to console gamers,” said Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari. “Taking this brilliantly realised world to PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 gamers for the first time is a breakthrough in the development of this important franchise.”

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #000000; line-height: 150%; font-family: Arial;">“We’re thrilled to continue our great relationship with Atari, whose refreshing focus on quality fits squarely with our own, to bring Geralt and the Witcher franchise to an even larger audience – fans who expressed to us very clearly that The Witcher would be a natural fit on consoles,” said Adam Kiciñski, CEO, CD Projekt RED. “Console gamers’ tastes are m...More information.

Well as far as I know, this game has been cancelled quite some time ago.
I don't know how or why, because some of these demo vids showed pretty good gameplay elements.

I hope they focus more of their energy in the second installment now, since the first one had potential but was a bit rough around the edges.

I am agree with you Charza I was looking progressing to buy off this on the 360.
expectantly they'll be capable to convergence enhanced on the PC sequel .

Back
Top Bottom