Demonicon - Update from Dreieich-Convention

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Alrik sends word of some Demonicon coverage from the Dreieich-Convention, which is apparently the second largest TDE convention in Germany.
The article covers all three TDE games currently in development, though we're really only interested in Demonicon. You can check out a Google translation here. The game is apparently due late 2012 and it seems The Witcher was suggested as a comparison if you'd like to place the gameplay.
More information.

Um…"The thing I've seen, I can get well with my idea of ​​the interior of the mountain newts but consistent." Well, according to google translate anyway ;-) .. Newts?

Alrik - help! Can you post some comments on the the Demonicon entry?

You never heard of the infamous mountain newt? The inside of the mountains are going to be crawling with them. Nasty things too ;)

The game is apparently due late 2012 and it seems The Witcher was suggested as a comparison if you'd like to place the gameplay.

Hmm.. similar to The Witcher? Color me interested if that's true. I wouldn't have guessed that from the few screenshots I've seen though.

Okay, here come a few corrections :

- he does NOT be of "demonic origin" !!!
- what instead is of demonic origin are his GIFTS ! - That means he is a gifted one - but these gifts given to him are of emonic origin ! That's a full translation error !

- The "Borbaradkirche" = "Borbarad Church". Borbarad is the great arch-villain who "visited" Aventuria in various incarnations and withdifferent names. in the incarnation before his last one he already assumed the name of "Borbarad" - and one of the Elves in Drakensang 2 has been fighting in the battles he started centuries ago !

- "Azaril scarlat cabbage" is a gone-completely-wrong translation of a "tell-tale name" : Azaril Scharlachkraut is one arch-baddie, too. And her second name should rather be translated as "Scarletherb", I think. Because "Kraut" is normally translated as "herb", except for some meals made of cabbage.

- "Gewürfel" = rolling of dice
- persuation and brewing potions are in the game as talents

- "In particular, the rapid regeneration of eye-drops here," - this is another translation gone awfully wrong. It should read : "In particular, the rapid regeneration is apparent to the [watcher's] eye," or "in prticular, the rapid regeneration meets the watcher's eye".

- Another bad translation : "The thing I've seen, I can get well with my idea of ​​the interior of the mountain newts but consistent." This should read instead : "What I have seen fits (in)to my imgination of the inner parts of the Newtmountain." - There seems to be a mountain with that name. I have never heard of it so far.

- "The aim is for the game a high degree of fidelity and compatibility with Canon's future, official Aventuria." - This should rather translate into : "The aim is that of a high degree of being true to the canonical Aventuria and compatibility with the future, official Aventuria."

- A short explanation : "First, the atmosphere: the game is to create the feeling of a gray Aventuria, the demons can be partners and Rondrian an annoying obstacle - depending on the decision of the player." - The normal state is where the opposite is true. Demons are THe enemies ! And Rondrians are the fighters following the path of the Goddess of Thunder and respectable fighting, Rondra. They are usually THE ones who are going against the evil Shadowlands = the former Black Lands first. This sentence means in its essencve : "where evil can be a partner and good be quite an obstacle". This is indeed the case in some parts of the Black Lands/Shadowlands ! - But this also shows how corrupted this region already is !

The mentioned starting town of Warunk, by the way, is one of the only fortress-like enclaves of the Twelvegods. Of Praios, to be exact, THE god who is ginst demons !

It still looks like God of War / Dantes Inferno / Devil May Cry. ;)

Thanks Alrik - still a bit confused as to the exact nature of the game, but I guess we'll get more detail closer to the release. As long as its not a complete button-mashing title I'll probably give it a while since I enjoyed my previous trips to Aventuria.

They plan to do a definitively dark & gritty game and refuse to call it an action RPG.
From the setting it reminds me a bit of what I've heard about The Witcher.
Minus the sex, of course.

Back
Top Bottom