The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup

Also, the game is very, very easy. I recommend bumping it up to hard at least.

I would consider a harder difficulty level than hard if there was one, but Supernova has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with tedious inconvenience. Eating, drinking, sleeping, all that stuff. And there's no way I'm going to play in a mode that lets companions die permanently. It's too easy for that to happen, and having them around is a huge highlight for me.

I would consider a harder difficulty level than hard if there was one, but Supernova has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with tedious inconvenience. Eating, drinking, sleeping, all that stuff. And there's no way I'm going to play in a mode that lets companions die permanently. It's too easy for that to happen, and having them around is a huge highlight for me.

Yeah, that's why I omitted it. Losing party members permanently is a huge reason for me to avoid it, and I think if that bothers anyone else, hard mode is the best they're going to get in the meantime.

Yeah, that's why I omitted it. Losing party members permanently is a huge reason for me to avoid it, and I think if that bothers anyone else, hard mode is the best they're going to get in the meantime.

I mentioned it because you wrote "at least", so lest anyone think a difficulty setting higher than hard might be desirable, I thought I'd point out the drawbacks.

I would consider the Supernova mode if it weren't for the permadeath of companions as well. Since I have very little control over my companions that just doesn't seem like a good idea. As far as I'm aware none of them have been downed so far, but still…

I would consider the Supernova mode if it weren't for the permadeath of companions as well. Since I have very little control over my companions that just doesn't seem like a good idea. As far as I'm aware none of them have been downed so far, but still…

Are you playing on Hard? If so, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep your companions from being downed, because they drop like flies as soon as I go above Normal difficulty.

Are you playing on Hard? If so, I'd like to know what you're doing to keep your companions from being downed, because they drop like flies as soon as I go above Normal difficulty.

Not sure actually, I've been jumping up and down between hard and normal. I think I've had it mostly on normal the latest hours in game though. Will tweak it up and see what happens.

I give each of my companions the 30% health bonus perk. And I try to pick off as many enemies from distance first. But I have only 20 points into the two leadership stats, so it's quite likely different for other character builds that don't need to play as defensively.

Slavs are on the rise, rpg-wise. Young and wild and boisterous, while westerners are wallowing in their decadence and filth (!!!). Kind of like the fall of Roman empire.;)
( Imagine Vavra and Iwinski charging at Todd Howard and Fearghus)

I give each of my companions the 30% health bonus perk. And I try to pick off as many enemies from distance first. But I have only 20 points into the two leadership stats, so it's quite likely different for other character builds that don't need to play as defensively.

I gave Pavartie that perk and a decent helmet, and she's doing better now. I'm also being more patient about scouting enemies first and positioning her to set up a crossfire once the enemies attack me.

I'm still only level 7, but I'm warming to this game fast. It's definitely better than my first impression. I'm enjoying the exploration, and there seems to be a lot of cool locations to stumble upon. I just wish the companion AI was better and that they could use items.

Whenever you transition to a new area, your currently equipped weapon comes out automatically

Back
Top Bottom