General News - Turn Based Games in April

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers give us an overview which turn based games will be released in April 2020:

"Waiting for the sun" - The Doors

Whoever is interested by the quarantine for the Covid-19 can really understand what is "the sun" I'm waiting for…
In the place where I'm writing, Italy, the sun is not just a star but a hope of normality, not a mirage but something to believe in.
But this is serious matter and I'm aware that today we're here to talk about our common passion: videogames! So the "question of the day" is: can a bunch of bytes cures this damned virus?

Obviously nobody can really think so, but I'm convinced that if a "cure" is something that concern, not just our body, but also our spirit, than we can believe that even a simple videogames can lessen our suffering. During the past weeks (and still now) I was forced to stay at home… ever… and I cannot even think what would have happened to my mind without a good turn-based game, or a good book in my hand, in other words, without something capable of bring me somewhere else.
We are human beings and in order to maintain our mental health we have always to look forward and hope for our best, so even under these particular circumstances I think is right to talk about which videogames await us during the next month.

Despite the virus time goes fast and, with Spring, comes also another month full of indie releases.
To tell you the truth, beside a plethora of "not very well-known" games, this time we have also a few major releases. It would be enough to mention Gears Tactics or Alder's Blood to get satisfaction, but under the surface we can find also some others interesting titles like, for examples, Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond (an indie game which takes inspiration from the classic JRPGs), Dread Nautical (the new turn-based release from the talented ZenStudios) or, even, Sentinels of Freedom (which seems me a to me a turn-based version of the glorious Freedom Force!).

This month there are - really! - a lot of games so pardon me if I'll be a bit brief ;)!

[…]
More information.

Gears Tactics looks extremely cool. But 70€? Uh....waiting for a sale then...

It's a good list. I'll be keeping my eye on Troubleshooter, Gears Tactics, Godking: Master of Rituals, and Kards.

Gears Tactics looks extremely cool. But 70€? Uh….waiting for a sale then…

If you're a Xbox Game Pass for PC subscriber, you'll get the game at no extra cost. If you're not, then I recommend checking their entire line of PC games and the monthly fee in your currency, weighing, of course, the cost-benefit. This link Xbox Game Pass PC Games List has all available PC titles at this moment.

Last edited:
Gears Tactics looks extremely cool. But 70€? Uh….waiting for a sale then…

I bet this is released for free on their game service…nvm should read entire thread before commenting...game pass is really worth it.

I bet this is released for free on their game service…nvm should read entire thread before commenting…game pass is really worth it.

You're riight, this game will be available for free to all XBOX Game Pass for PC subscribers on release date. I said it above but allow me to repeat myself :)

I think that XBOX Game Pass for PC is currently one of the best (if not the best if we weigh in cost-benefit) gaming subscription services around. Theiir catalog is quite varied and games are added in a montlhy basis.

But don't take my word as granted, everyone should check it for yourself!

Added Godking: Master of Rituals to my Steam-following-list!

getting an age of wonders combat field with fortresses feel mixed with master of magic. Not to mention Fallen enchantress or better level of roguelike-questing? Just please have multiple victory conditions-paths like Endless legends and Fallen enchantress, and unlike deity empires which has only two.

Back
Top Bottom