Days Gone on PC - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Days Gone on PC

Default Days Gone on PC

April 27th, 2021, 08:56
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Unless a company throws me a benefit for pre-ordering I don't generally do it. Even then, it's gotta be good incentive. Otherwise I may as well wait for initial word of mouth, the same money gets spent in either case.
In my case, the incentive was a 20% off coupon at Green Man Gaming. At $40, I'm not risking much, and I've seen enough of the port to believe it's going to be well optimized for PC.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)

May 13th, 2021, 13:47
28 Minutes of Days Gone PC Gameplay

loading…
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If It’s The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
+1:

Yesterday, 14:11
I received my key this weekend and preloaded it last night. I'm ready to smoke some zombies.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Yesterday, 16:03
CohhCarnage apparently received his key early, and he's playing right now. Looks cool. I may start it tomorrow.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Yesterday, 21:40
I'm looking forward to some 'Watch impressions
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Today, 09:50
I'm about 3 hours in, and the port seems really good so far. It looks and runs great.

As far as the game itself, it's just "ok" so far.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 17:35
I also played a little bit. It's pretty decent. I tried it a long time ago on PS4, but the aiming made it unplayable for me. On PC the aiming is good, no more aiming issues. And it looks and runs great.

But I'm playing on Hard II, so I'm quite vulnerable. And I just died and found out they didn't improve the save system at all from the console version. You can trigger "Save game" from the menu, but it does nothing. Any reload you do with those saves and it just restarts you from the last checkpoint. What a shitty implementation. And I just quit the game. I don't think I have the patience for this save system right now.

It's got the same save system of Last of Us, but the only difference this is an openworld game. So let me get this straight. I explore the open world, save anywhere or time I like, but upon reload I just get back to the last checkpoint? What a crock of shit!

I think these two are at the top of my list when it comes to shitty things console games do, and aren't fixed when ported over to pc. Shitty aiming and a shitty checkpoint save system.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Today, 19:34
Yeah, I finally managed to kill most of the zombies at the gas station, so I started tossing molotovs into the improvised zombie nests. And I died again, and start back from the checkpoint. Infuriating. With the character's clunky movement and my missing shots, I just died. I may need to restart the game at a lower difficulty.

The game kinda sends a weird message. You get XP by killing zombies, but you can't kill them all, without risking dying and starting over from scratch. Also, what kind of balancing did they do to the zombies. You kill them in 1 hit by stealth kill. But with a knife/bat/piece of wood it takes 6-8 hits. Wtf.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Today, 19:58
Actually, nevermind my complaining. I've decided to treat it like a survival game. and thus I won't risk my life to kill every one. I'll play it like that, and not gamify the whole process. I seem to be having enough fun just exploring and gathering stuff.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Today, 20:05
So.. about the save system. You can't do true manual saves until you've recovered your bike. Once you've got your bike, it acts like a kind of save point. You can do manual saves near it as long as you're not engaged in combat.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 20:28
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
The game kinda sends a weird message. You get XP by killing zombies, but you can't kill them all, without risking dying and starting over from scratch. Also, what kind of balancing did they do to the zombies. You kill them in 1 hit by stealth kill. But with a knife/bat/piece of wood it takes 6-8 hits. Wtf.
You chose the hardest difficulty for your first playthrough, so I don't get what you're complaining about here. It should be hard to kill them by melee. Of course a stealth kill is going to be 1 hit. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be a stealth kill. You can only do stealth kills when it's a lone Freaker anyways.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 21:09
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You chose the hardest difficulty for your first playthrough, so I don't get what you're complaining about here. It should be hard to kill them by melee. Of course a stealth kill is going to be 1 hit. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be a stealth kill. You can only do stealth kills when it's a lone Freaker anyways.
Yeah, normally I'd have no issue with the difficulty. If I could save anytime, and not have to redo everything. But this kind of makes me want to go back and switch to a different one. Also, 6-8 hits still seems kind of insanely long to have to hit the lowest form of zombie.

Indeed once you unlock the bike it works as you say. But this means, unless I'm mistaken, that you can't save mid-mission? So I'm still stuck with the same design.

Another thing I don't like is that once I'm on a mission, I can't leave the mission area? So much for being an open-world game.

Things I like, it looks pretty and runs very smooth.

Also, is it me or does Deacon constantly mumble under his breath, and I constantly miss what he's saying, either to himself, or to the one present but without wanting to him to hear?

Another thing, is this the first game where you can kill kids? But they're not kids, they're zombie kids? Is that the loop-hole here?

EDIT: Seems there is a time-slowing ability later on. That should come in handy a lot. So I think I should at least continue at this difficulty level until I unlock that ability, and see how it goes from there.
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; Today at 21:34.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Today, 21:55
Yeah, the "You're leaving the mission area" messages are really annoying sometimes, and it will actually teleport you back to the beginning of the area if you stray too far. That's the only real issue I have with the game so far.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 22:14
What do you guys think of Deacon's voice actor/vocal performance so far? He grew on me, but it took awhile.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Tags
days gone pc
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Days Gone on PC