Witcher 3 - Particle Effects Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a particle effects mod for The Witcher 3 which adds lots of new and interesting effects.

Modder ‘MrMan01’ has released a new mod that improves the particles effects system of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This mod is based on another mod that was created to make the firestream form of Igni influenced by the wind. Impressed by it, MrMan01 decided to create a new one that would overhaul the game’s particles system.

The Witcher 3’s Improved Particles System mod allows numerous particles to be affected by the wind. For example, fog, dust, sparks, smoke, blood and explosions are now influenced by the wind. In addition, this mod makes all effects look “flashier” by increasing their particle count. As such, Igni, Aard, Quen and Yrden look more powerful than before. Furthermore, this mod also increases the particle count of other effects such as blood, snow, smoke, explosions and PhysX APEX destruction.

[...]
More information.

Imo TW3 only needs a HUD mod and something which alters the color palette a bit. This is looking dope though.

Well, the TW3 Nexus has quite a few mods like that, e.g. this very popular lighting mod for the color palette (~550K downloads) or this UI/HUD mod (~400K downloads).

Thx, I am aware of those. I'm using the one which removes the obstructive HUD completely (Immersive HUD I think?) and the palette which brings back the original grim aesthetic seen in early E3 trailers (more like TW1), forgot how that one called on the Nexus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom