Might & Magic - Timeline & Lore

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Questionable Ole brings us the timeline of the Might & Magic series.

Welcome, one and all, to the GAME LORE series by me, Questionable Ole! This time, we will begin covering a timeline of a vast Science Fantasy Original Universe of Might and Magic RPG series 1 to 8 and their spin-off Heroes of Might and Magic 1 to 3. The whole thing is split into several parts, as the lore is packed with interesting events, the permeate the very fabric of space and time.

Contrary to what you might believe there is a unfathomably advanced level of technology present throughout the series, which is especially evident in Might and Magic franchise.

Part 1 outlines general concepts you'll need to understand timeline events, and covers first of three periods, known as the "Time of Wonders"

This time, we continue covering a timeline of a vast Science Fantasy Original Universe of Might and Magic (part 2). We cover a period known as Age of Monsters.
More information.

Only watched half of the first video, but man...what a weird and idiotic story.

Never liked the mix of Science Fiction and Fantasy if it's done as wild as in these games.

I liked Might and Magic but actually would have prefered a "true" fantasy setting.

Regarding that I am actually quite happy that stories (for the most part) became more logical in themselves during the years. Gone are the fight with swords against lasers and spaceships times of Might and Magic, Ultima and Wizardry.

Never liked the mix of Science Fiction and Fantasy if it's done as wild as in these games.

Same here. In the 80s I didn't like shooting down tie fighters with my space shuttle in Ultima 2. It was a weird juxtaposition even back then.

I don't mind it in Pathfinder, either, although Kingmaker just gives you a very small bit of the lore of Numeria (where they have technology from an ancient alien craft that crashed there, etc.). It can spice up the fantasy lore when other alien civilizations or advanced technology is introduced, though in this case it's usually "a dab will do ya". In other words, just add a little teeny bit of that stuff to a fantasy setting for spice, but don't overdo it.

Might and Magic, my favorite series with a rather well made mix of science-fiction and fantasy. Shame that Ubi ditched the entire scicence fiction part...

Though every time when i replay a game, i can't stop a bit and remember the amazing walkthrougs made by Flamestryke:mourn:

And yeah, i am that old.

Back
Top Bottom