C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
That's not a rumor, that's how lots of games are released now digitally. I was playing AC: Valhalla early on the 9th. If you buy it on the Xbox store, it literally lists late afternoon on the 9th as the release date for me (PST)
Yes Captain obvious I know all that already.:roll:

I can't even post a semi joke anymore.

Update: Many console gamers are playing the leaked copy already.

Anyway CDPR is hiniting everyone might get it on the 9th now.

Last edited:
Apparently, a few notable youtubers like ACG and SkillUp didn't receive review copies. I believe they received review copies for Witcher 3? Anyways, curious to not spray each and every youtuber with a review copy if they're confident about the game.

I wonder when the review embargo lifts. I heard a week before, so next week at the latest?

Yes Captain obvious I know all that already.:roll:

I can't even post a semi joke anymore.

Update: Many console gamers are playing the leaked copy already.

Anyway CDPR is hiniting everyone might get it on the 9th now.

It really doesn't seem like you're joking. It's not a hint. It's a fact based on time zones. Midnight in Poland on the 10th is the 9th in many places in the world.

94C7osS.png

Surprised to hear that a major store like Best Buy would have let copies slip out early. I wonder if I should check out the store near me and see if it has some. :)

I'm assuming those are probably the console version though which I have no interest in.

If it's any Console-ation, I heard it was PS5 copies. :biggrin:

Wow, according to that chart I'm actually going to be able to play it on the 10th NZ local time (1 pm). I was assuming I'd have to wait until the 11th, and that by "the 10th" they meant US time rather than European time. Duh, forgot about where the developers live.

(I'm totally hyped about this release. Never thought I'd see a game based on Pondsmith's cyberpunk vision. I still own 15 manuals from the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, one of the few RPGs I haven't sold off to finance other pursuits!)

(I'm totally hyped about this release. Never thought I'd see a game based on Pondsmith's cyberpunk vision. I still own 15 manuals from the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, one of the few RPGs I haven't sold off to finance other pursuits!)

For those who don't have them and would be interested, there's a Humble Bundle right now. 20+ books for $15, I think it is.

I've actually set my Xbox to NZ time so I could play Outer Worlds and Valhalla earlier, but in this case I already live in the optimum spot.

Best Buy isn't batting a thousand this year. I ordered a wireless controller from them and they were supposed to deliver it Monday. Instead I got a refund and an email that it was "undeliverable". The delivery driver was probably 100 feet or less from me and now I still don't have the damn controller. Made no effort to contact me before giving up.

Best Buy isn't batting a thousand this year. I ordered a wireless controller from them and they were supposed to deliver it Monday. Instead I got a refund and an email that it was "undeliverable". The delivery driver was probably 100 feet or less from me and now I still don't have the damn controller. Made no effort to contact me before giving up.

That doesn't surprise me tbh. I've disliked Best Buy for a long time now and almost never purchase from them if I can help it.

Their customer service is often subpar. The staff at most stores are mostly kids in the 18-20's range because Best Buy doesn't want to pay a decent wage, and their lack of experience makes things worse. Add a crappy return policy, and the fact that you can find most of their products cheaper online, and there's little incentive to do business with them.

I feel for ya as I ordered a graphic card from BestBuy a few years back with a similar error. Correct address but FedEX couldn't deliver it. I had to pick it up instead.

If it's any Console-ation, I heard it was PS5 copies. :biggrin:
Looks like the PS4 version was leaked a few weeks back, and this seems to be the Xbox One Collector version also from BestBuy. It will never be Steam or GOG better security.

Anyhow my European friends use a VPN to download a day earlier.

Wow, according to that chart I'm actually going to be able to play it on the 10th NZ local time (1 pm). I was assuming I'd have to wait until the 11th, and that by "the 10th" they meant US time rather than European time. Duh, forgot about where the developers live.

Yeah eight years of waiting and more with the tabletop version has me salivating at the mouth at this point. I can't get more hyped. I'm like a caffeine junkie right now.:excited:

Cyberpunk 2077 Photo Mode Trailer

Strike a pose and capture your favourite moments in Night City with #Cyberpunk2077 Photo Mode! See it in action in our newest video.

PCGamer is at again talking about the game length and how many players didn't finish the main campaign of Witcher III. So @JFarrell71; this for you once again.:p

How long is Cyberpunk 2077? -PCGamer

I was just going to post the photo mode video. At least now you can see your character. Makes creating one a bit more while.

My hype meter which has been at 0 just went up a couple notches.

These articles pair well with the "how long is my cyber schlong" posts on Reddit. :rolleyes:

I like how ol' James here reads a quote from CDPR that the main quest is "slightly shorter" and decides that it must actually be 42% shorter (30 vs 51.5 hours) based on his personal creation of a time reduction vs. how many players didn't finish the main quest metric. This is how bullshit gets spread. Someone else takes that 30 hours and reports that CDPR says the main quest is 30 hours long. Then someone else takes that and drops the "main" part and says CDPR says the game is 30 hours long. And then a bunch of people get angry about how this much hyped game is super short, and other people say good, I have a job and I'm glad it's a 30 hour long game.

And by that point none of what they're arguing and getting worked up about, none of it, is true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom