Warhorse - Choosing Your Religion

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Still no real details about the open-world RPG Warhorse is developing but Dan Vavra's latest blog post titled Choosing Your Religion talks about how they chose CRYEngine 3 for the project:
So here we are at Games Convention in Koln, Germany, knocking on the door of the booths of the likes of Epic, Crytek, Havok and many others, which was totally new for Martin and myself since we had always worked with in-house technology and only had a vague idea about how much it would cost to license an AAA gaming engine. I personally was also unsure if a company like Epic would be willing to deal with an unknown startup like us, but as it turned out this was totally unnecessary. We talked to almost everyone from Epic to the guys from Bitsquid and they were all great. Everyone was very supportive and open to various models of financing. Hell, it almost felt like they wanted to give it to us for free (and in the case of Cryengine and Unreal UDK, for indie developers they are). If I were to decide what we’d buy solely on my feelings, we’d have to buy everything.
More information.

I can't wait to hear more details about this game.

Back
Top Bottom