DA:O Wow I'm Out

Dragon Age: Origins
I'm still only about 50% through DA, but the Fade was the least interesting area to me so far.

It's not that it was poorly done or anything, I just didn't find it very engaging, and I think it should have been about half as long as it was.

After 54 hours, I explored 53% of the game world and yet that only cover 32% of the total DA's contents.

Under character record, click the 'heroic accomplishments' tab.

Just curious, was anyone able to defeat Ser Landry in a one on one dual in Denerim?

Just curious, was anyone able to defeat Ser Landry in a one on one dual in Denerim?

I didn't find him a problem. I fought him solo. My warrior is a fast and strong dual wielder. If you had a problem with him, why don't you postpone him a bit? What is you main?

Interesting... my Human Warrior has 30 strength, but I seem to barely do any damage to him, whether it's with a sword or mace. He also seems to resist most of my abilities, my guess is that he's more susceptible to dual wield talents. I had to draw him into a party on party battle to beat him.

Anything interesting if you beat him in the duel?

It could be the fact that both my weapons are heavily enchanted with various runestones that did the trick. I'm honestly not sure if I got anything additional, beyond the fact that his men saluted me for the fact that I'd beaten him honorably in a one-on-one. I got some special piece of armour or something of his corpse, but nothing too spectacular.

I, too, beat him easily with my dual wielding rogue, shamelessly using all my stunning and multi-hits tricks. Poor Ser barely scratched my health. (I played on 'normal').

No spectacular loot either, but it sold well enough - eh, for me it never was about honor. :p

Well, in that case, perhaps Ser has good blocking skills, and us dual-wielders are simply too fast for his slow, heavily armoured reflexes.. ;)

Yeah, I also have a few stun attacks up my sleeve. I'm also still playing on normal - decided against going on hard after all the mages and dragons and baby dragons I've been encountering lately.

I went back to an earlier save to fight him again out of curiosity. I managed to beat him this time, it just took a lot of health potions.

It's definitely better to decline the duel and force them all to attack, you get a lot more experience + random loot.

Dual-wielding needs the skill I suppose, but if a character has the skill is it just as simple as equipping the character with two swords? Two knives?

Assassins seem to do well attacking us with two knives or perhaps swords so I'm interested in how to set up for dual-wielding please :)

You need both strength and dexterity for dual-wielding. A sword or axe in one hand, and a dagger in the other.
Dualwielding suited me well, since I had started my Dalish elf off as a warrior ranger, which seemed to fit in well with the Dalish origin story. So I had focussed on both strength and dexterity to start with, in any case.

Go for weapons with enchanting slots, and use the runes you find around the gameworld.

Save your grandmaster runes for the best weapons that you find a bit later on.

I think I missed this guy. Where/when do you get him in Denerim?

I finished landsmeet and getting ready for the battle now.

He is right there near Wade's emporium. He's just standing there, he doesn't have an exclamation mark over his head or anything.

Speaking of Denerim…

Anyone else get that ridiculous random encounter with all the soldiers? The one where the guy says something about a Gray Warden has been "pilfering" in the area, and then they all attack.

It's extremely frustrating, as there are about 20 soldiers, and no option to talk your way out of it. It's pretty much an automatic reload for me.

I really enjoyed the Fade - definitely didn't see it as a pointless timesink.

Seconded, I thought it was great.

On that note, a mild curiosity:

Did anyone have Shale with them when going there and if so what was his nightmare / dream? Very curious as to what a golem would secretly desire / fear

You need both strength and dexterity for dual-wielding. A sword or axe in one hand, and a dagger in the other.

Thanks Rivian!

Back
Top Bottom