General News - Cyberpunk Games List

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
CramGaming has a list of new cyberpunk games to look out for.

First up and releasing later this year is Daedalic’s futuristic 3D thriller – State of Mind. Set in Berlin, 2048 you play as a journalist Richard Nolan one of the few criticizing the current state of affairs. A world on the brink with the usual lack of resources, mass illnesses caused by pollution, high crime rates, War, controlling Governments and mega-companies , drones and humanoid robots replacing humans, surveillance reigns supreme – you get the picture. Having mysteriously lost his wife and son, Nolan must delve deeper behind the scenes to uncover a worldwide conspiracy whilst investigating sci-fi themes. Sounds good and releases on consoles and PC in 2018.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Add Copper Dreams to that list as well

Synstasis is another upcoming cyberpunk RPG.

And Sands of Space which has a thread here. (Although what we've seen so far looks more post-apoc than cyberpunk IMO.)

Last edited:
There are a couple of possibly great games on that list, I do so enjoy the cyberpunk genre so I think I'll be playing a few of them, at least.

Thanks for the extra tips! I already had "State of Mind" & "The Last Night" high up on my steam-wishlist but I´m always happy to add more cyberpunk.

Add Copper Dreams to that list as well
After the graphic overhaul I'll pass.
Synstasis is another upcoming cyberpunk RPG.

And Sands of Space which has a thread here. (Although what we've seen so far looks more post-apoc than cyberpunk IMO.)
Never heard of Synstasis but it looks good. As for Sands of Space I'd say a cyberpunk post-apoc setting. I'm glad the developer posts updates with screenshots on the forum.

After the graphic overhaul I'll pass.

Not a huge fan of new graphic style, but then I wasn't really a big fan of the original pitched low poly 3D style, so for me it's pretty much a lateral move. But anyway gameplay is far more important than graphics IMO and the gameplay hasn't changed.

Never heard of Synstasis but it looks good.

It used to be called "Synapse" when it was first announced a year or two ago. Also, in case you haven't noticed there's a demo you can DL through their steam page.

They have missed out a very interesting game - Synther:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/03/dos-styled-immersive-sim-synther/

Deus Ex and Syndicate vibes everywhere, and seems to have a huge potential for modding with its simulated world.

I was interested in Synther until the dev explained the 'Symulate World' mechanic. Sounds great for the basement dwellers but for those who value their spare time.. not so much. A game in which you can die, with permadeth, even when you don't play and play-time reduces even when you don't play.. I need some convincing on that one.

I was interested in Synther until the dev explained the 'Symulate World' mechanic. Sounds great for the basement dwellers but for those who value their spare time.. not so much. A game in which you can die, with permadeth, even when you don't play and play-time reduces even when you don't play.. I need some convincing on that one.

Ouch! That sounds incredibly punishing.

Back
Top Bottom