Bioshock - New Community Site, Q&A

From the website itself:

Therefore all decisions on HUD and gameplay situations that are made on the 360 will be re-thought and optimized when brought over onto the PC.

Rpgwatch misquoted Levine, I think.

We don't misquote; it was not originated here if you check out the article.

A lot of you are making a big deal out of this and I think it's premature. Let's wait until we actually play the game before condemning it.

We're NOT condemning it, just stating our legitimate concerns!!

And expressing concerns is a very valid thing to do - when we look at the history of games in similar circumstances there are definitely 'consolitis' things to gripe about. I'm not talking Oblivion-bashing here, just that there are many things that would have made the PC versions of games like Oblivion, KotOR, Deus Ex 2, Thief, Tomb Raider and many more much easier to deal with.

Dhruin
"They have changed text subsequently."
Lol, I can't imagine why, unless it's the sh*tstorm that's been unleashed. :p

Omg, who let teh trolls and teh whinners out, this site used to be SO cool, back in the day. :biggrin:

A lot of you are making a big deal out of this and I think it's premature. Let's wait until we actually play the game before condemning it.

I agree.

But you can't blame us (as gamers) for paying attention to a Q&A they put out on this specific topic and actually listening to what they had to say.

I'm a huge Irrational fan (and love the fact that they have a studio here in Australia) but c'mon, how many times do they have to beat me over the head with this stuff?

Me: Oooh...a System Shock 2 spiritual successor, made by Irrational, cool Utopia-gone-wrong theme. Day 1 purchase!

Them: <stuff about Ayn Rand>

Me: Awesome! Here's my cash!

Them: It's an FPS. It's an FPS. It's an FPS. It's an FPS. It's an FPS.

Me: Ooooookay, I get it. I'm still in.

Them: And the Xbox 360 is the only thing that counts.

Me: Look, fer chrissakes are you trying to turn me off? Who the hell says "System Shock 2 successor" and then gives multiple interviews purely to say this is only an FPS?

Me: Look, fer chrissakes are you trying to turn me off? Who the hell says "System Shock 2 successor" and then gives multiple interviews purely to say this is only an FPS?

I have no problem with the FPS side, but get wary when it becomes a 'console FPS being ported to PC, but we'll get it right ... this time ... unlike the others'.

Dhruin
"They have changed text subsequently."
Lol, I can't imagine why, unless it's the sh*tstorm that's been unleashed. :p

Omg, who let teh trolls and teh whinners out, this site used to be SO cool, back in the day. :biggrin:

Good grief, the site's only been live a few months and already we have a history. "Back in the day' indeed!! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom