Kingdom Come - Interview

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Warhorse Studios' PR campaign continues. We've been tipped off to their newest interview for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, this time with PC Invasion.

Martin Ziegler: We’re trying to find a balance between an open-world game and a story-driven game. In the open-world part we want players to be able to immerse themselves in the world in ways which aren’t well explored in games; both in terms of the geographical region and it terms of the historical period. We want players to be able to experience that time and place; we want the world to look like it did at the time and we want people to behave like they did at the time.

So we researched how the justice system worked at the time and what people did at the time – Where did they get their food? When did they get up? How did the public administration system work? Things like that. We want to simulate that in terms of AI and in terms of gameplay mechanics. If you commit a crime, we want the NPCs in the game to react closely to how they would at the time. So we want them to run to the nearest town with a guard that is able to force you to pay the fine or imprison you and stuff like that.

Also we want to have the story that will drive you to explore that world, see different locations and see all the stuff we’ve put in place.

TS-Z: A lot of games are set in medieval times, but no game has ever tried to be realistic and as historically accurate as possible. There’s always this touch of fantasy somewhere; we’ve tried to avoid that completely.

Since we try to have realistic and historically accurate game, universities, museums, cultural people and living history people and people who are not connected to video games are very interested in this project to reconstruct Bohemia in the year 1403.
More.

More information.

Wow, I'm totally shocked that these guys are doing another interview instead of working on the game. I guess it will take 3 more interviews and 2 more videos of them talking about the game before they do another update. Should be around April. Game should be released around 2060.

Another good interview and I can't wait to play the Beta version this year. It was also my third editor pick this year for RPGWatch's Most Promising RPG of 2016.

This quote says it all.^^
For many of us (okay, maybe just for me), Kingdom Come: Deliverance feels a bit like a spiritual cousin to The Witcher 3. The latter takes place in a dirty medieval world inspired by Eastern Europe in the Late Middle Ages, and the former is a true-to-life game that actually takes place in Eastern Europe in the Late Middle Ages. Warhorse Studios has made a lot of promises; an innovative, realistic combat system the likes of which we've never seen, a faithful recreation of Bohemia in the turbulent fifteenth century, beautiful graphics, and the adventure of a lifetime. There's no doubt that, like CD Projekt RED, Warhorse is taking their time with this one, releasing updates at what feels like a leisurely pace, and driving its supporters absolutely crazy in the process. But, if you'll allow us to continue with the comparison to The Witcher 3, if that game is any indication, a leisurely development period, stunning graphics, and a novel combat system will make for an immortal classic that will smash sales records and keep people playing for hundreds of hours, trapped hopelessly in its beautiful, brutal medieval world. Time will tell, but here among the editors, we're waiting with a certain eagerness to travel back in time. And some of us may never return.

We're fine with that.

Wow, I'm totally shocked that these guys are doing another interview instead of working on the game. I guess it will take 3 more interviews and 2 more videos of them talking about the game before they do another update. Should be around April. Game should be released around 2060.
If things would work like this, we wouldn't have seen the likes of Dragon Age and Mass Effect until 2160. ;)

I trust them that they'll keep their markeiting budget at a reasonable level.

I can same the same thing about your replies to any post on this game! Did they touch you in the wrong place or something? Since its seems personal to you!

Have they done a Character Build update yet? I'd like to see how much control the players will have over their character design.

I'm not excited, but I've never touched a Warhorse game. I have zero interest in 1400's Bohemia. I can't imagine playing the role of a true medieval personage. There must be a market for it though.

Morrandir said:
If things would work like this, we wouldn't have seen the likes of Dragon Age and Mass Effect until 2160.

Touché.

I can same the same thing about your replies to any post on this game! Did they touch you in the wrong place or something? Since its seems personal to you!

Maybe he is angry because some unknown european studio was sooo impudent that it dared to work on more detailed and elaborated RPG than Bioware or
Bethesda in recent years… without some big compromise in graphical department.

Or Im wrong and its just about Vavra and his SJ opponents and their collective Game of Thorns. :)

Eh guys, give Hyperion a break, he's still having gripes with Witcher.
He doesn't really need you to tell him how this game is actually based on Intelligent world design with quality content and how these things take time... more than some other games. :p
Anyway...I have no worries about game play and world, here. What I want to see is battles Mount&Blade style... that could be the key factor for this game to attract a larger crowd.

I'm really looking forward to this. The game is shaping up quite nicely! And they're doing groundbreaking stuff with that melee combat system.

And if Warhorse's kingdome come is successfull, maybe we'll see more of these kind historic rpgs.

Touché.

Maybe he is angry because some unknown european studio was sooo impudent that it dared to work on more detailed and elaborated RPG than Bioware or
Bethesda in recent years… without some big compromise in graphical department.

Or Im wrong and its just about Vavra and his SJ opponents and their collective Game of Thorns. :)

I'm not angry. I backed them very early and I did pay a lot more for the game than you could have got it for on Steam early access. But that was my choice and I've backed other games for even more and some of those turned out to be total flops.

Let's just say it's a feeling, after having backed a lot of games on Kickstarter and also payed for a lot of early access games on Steam and having followed the development of these games for months and even years, I have sort of got to where I can pick up on patterns and get a sense of where it's leading to.

Be as optimistic as you like about this game, good for you, I hope you're right. But I myself will be very surprised if this is ever finished and it if is, if it's not a real mess.

And if I see things with this game take a turn for the better, I won't have any problem admitting I was wrong, I hope it does, I was too excited about the concept of this game once upon a time.

Eh guys, give Hyperion a break, he's still having gripes with Witcher.
He doesn't really need you to tell him how this game is actually based on Intelligent world design with quality content and how these things take time… more than some other games. :p
Anyway…I have no worries about game play and world, here. What I want to see is battles Mount&Blade style… that could be the key factor for this game to attract a larger crowd.

I don't have gripes about Witcher. I played the darn thing for over 70 hours. I just like to poke fun at it because of all the cut scenes and the poor combat. Some of you around here take this stuff way too seriously. Gaming is a hobby of mine, only that, I love it and I love talking about it, but I never really get emotional about it.

If you like Mount&Blade, you should take a look at 2. It looks very impressive and will probably actually get finished, unlike this game. ;)

I'm not excited, but I've never touched a Warhorse game. I have zero interest in 1400's Bohemia. I can't imagine playing the role of a true medieval personage. There must be a market for it though.

Hmm, that's because this is their first game. The lead designers comes from 2K Czech of Mafia franchise fame. This game has been under development for almost 5 years, it's still in pre-alpha state.

I don't have gripes about Witcher. I played the darn thing for over 70 hours. I just like to poke fun at it because of all the cut scenes and the poor combat. Some of you around here take this stuff way too seriously. Gaming is a hobby of mine, only that, I love it and I love talking about it, but I never really get emotional about it.

If you like Mount&Blade, you should take a look at 2. It looks very impressive and will probably actually get finished, unlike this game. ;)

The cut scenes' frequency seems pretty reasonable and standard. Or do you have a problem with the quality of the cut scenes? As for combat, most people seem to like it, as the variety of different styles have been improved in the latest title.

The cut scenes' frequency seems pretty reasonable and standard. Or do you have a problem with the quality of the cut scenes? As for combat, most people seem to like it, as the variety of different styles have been improved in the latest title.

No, no problem with the quality of the cut scenes, there is just too much of it for my personal taste. I'm not much into the story aspect of a game. I just want good combat, open world exploration, character building, crafting, etc. I truly could care less about story. So it makes sense that someone who is really into the story aspect of a game would like TW3 better than me. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the game, I like it, I just think it's too story heavy and not enough focus on good combat. And it's a beautiful game world, there's no doubt about that. I didn't spend over 70 hours playing it because I hate it, :)

Glad you agree with me :)

I'm curious...what, specifically, did you not like about it?
I've been playing a LOT of quality hack&slashers for more than a few years and I'd gladly put into my top ten favorites.

Back
Top Bottom