Baldur's Gate 3 - Gameplay Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a gameplay teaser trailer for Baldur's Gate 3 ahead of further reveals this June.

Larian Studios has released a gameplay teaser trailer for Baldur's Gate 3. This new teaser trailer showcases some of the game's environment and characters, as well as the combat mechanics. It also features some magic spells, something that may interest some of you.

[...]

More information.

Still looks like an Original Sin clone with that short teaser.:p

Joking aside I can't wait to watch the full gameplay video.

I can't make my mind up how I feel about this. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if I'd enjoyed DOS2 I guess. Hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.

I can't make my mind up how I feel about this. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if I'd enjoyed DOS2 I guess. Hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.
I feel the the same way but about 50/50. :(

Can't really blame them for using the same engine.

Just hope it's different/set apart from the Original Sin games.:fingerscrossed:

Well I like what's shown these. Assuming the story will do justice it's predecessors, it might compete with already expected goty contenders.

Note though that I refuse to betatest it. No time for any beta.

Well I like what's shown these. Assuming the story will do justice it's predecessors, it might compete with already expected goty contenders.

Note though that I refuse to betatest it. No time for any beta.
Yeah I hate Beta testing as well Joxer.

As for the story 50/50 again

Larian improved the writing/story in OS2 but it was nothing great.

They even had Avallone help with that.:(

Larian NEVER made a good written game.

Only Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity were more mature stories. Rest of the them had subpar writing filled with humor and a tongue' in' cheek feeling.

Nothing wrong with that but I have my doubts about a sequel to one of the best written RPGs being made by a studio with a poor track record in terms of writing.

There wasn't much to see in that trailer, but it seems to boil down to whether you like DOS2 or not for now. For now, I like, but I expect much more story-wise from this game than from DOS games, and of that, we know nearly nothing yet. June 6 seems like a good date to me to start drawing more conclusions.

Only thing I took away from that was, "Oh god, was that more AoE fire everywhere?"
I expect it will use the same system as the OS 1&2. So get ready for more water, oil, fire, and Etc.. AoE's. Its a cornerstone of their new games/engine. It's another 50/50 for me.

50/50 = Means I will either love it or hate it.

Just looks like DOS2. Guess that’s the problem with doing another medieval fantasy RPG in the same engine you just did a medieval fantasy RPG in.

Yeah, I'm a bit conflicted again when it comes to Larian. In some ways they're the examplars of taking the traditional RPG forwards, but, at the same time, I'm not quite onboard with the way they're doing it.

I think they've read enough feedbacks to slow down on the environmental effects, stop at last with the random diablo-like itemization, and not use their armor system from DOS2 (that almost everybody hated) this time.

If they follow the DnD ruleset as much as possible, we should be good (fireballs are fun, exposive barrels everywhere are a annoyance)

Wishfull thinking maybe...

I don't know, I think it looks good....obviously some connections in art is automatically to be expected. As long as they have a great story I'm in.

Not sure about the whole beta test comments...this isn't an eastern euro game.

This teaser trailer has a completly different tone/atmosphere than the rendering trailer with the mind flayer - which is extremely disappointing for me.
I'm really hoping that BG3 is a more serious game than the DOS games.

*facepalm* You are finally getting the sequel to the game you've all been waiting decades for, done by a competent developer who is known for being open and honest with their fans, yet… 90% bitching. LOL I love you guys.

Anyway, this game looks great to me.

*facepalm* You are finally getting the sequel to the game you've all been waiting decades for, done by a competent developer whose known for being open and honest with their fans, yet… 90% bitching. LOL I love you guys.

You can't compete with nostalgia.

*facepalm* You are finally getting the sequel to the game you've all been waiting decades for, done by a competent developer who is known for being open and honest with their fans, yet… 90% bitching. LOL I love you guys.

Being "a competent developer who is known for being open and honest with their fans" is no warranty for a good game. I'm pretty sure all our hopes are up but the feeling of "it can be a mess" is still there.

Larian has proven that they can make really good games. I'm not expecting any "mess".

Also, the writting of DOS2 was much better than the predecessor, although the style might not be everyone's taste (I personally would prefer a more serious tone, but I've enjoyed DOS2 anyway).

The game systems are good, I don't mind if BG3 might feel a little bit like DOS2. I agree with Winterfart: less environmental effects, the armor system will be ditched for sure (Sven said he regreted the system) and stop with diablo-like itemization.

The ony thing that annoys me is waiting for EA and then finally an enhanced edition, to play it properly. But I won't resist trying the EA and when it will frst be released...

Only thing I took away from that was, "Oh god, was that more AoE fire everywhere?"

This is the number 1 reason why I'll never replay D:OS2. There's no way I can stand dealing with the fire-everywhere-can't-see-a-thing irritation. For the love of God I hope they do not recreate that with BG3.

Back
Top Bottom