Never Alone Game

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
I almost never do threads but thought this was a cool idea regardless and the images are nice. I am a mythology and folklore fan and so I rather like many of the old mythologies and stories of the world. While most of my focus has been on Celtic, Norse, Roman, Greek, and the like I do enjoy other stories when I stumble across them. Anyhow just sharing it in case anyone gets a few moments of thought or interest out of it :)

http://www.gamecrate.com/never-alone-preview-e3-2014/?cm_mmc=SNC-Facebook-_-SS-_-Gamecrate-_-NA

Never Alone offers an authentic Native American tale

Nuna is a little Iñupiaq girl who lives in an Alaskan village with her family and a pet arctic fox. One winter, her village was battered by an unending blizzard. Her family was starving. They were unable to hunt, fish, or gather food for months. In an effort to save her village, Nuna and her fox set off on an adventure to find the source of the blizzard and end it once and for all. This is the premise of Never Alone (Kisima Inŋitchuŋa), a game from the first indigenous-owned game company Upper One Games and developed by E-Line Media.

Inspired by the folklore and tradition of Alaskan Natives, specifically the Iñupiaq people of northern Alaska, Never Alone is an effort by the Cook Inlet Tribal Council, who launched Upper One Games, to share the stories of their people with the world as well as keep their youth connected to their history. “Kisima Inŋitchuŋa” (pronounced Kees-eem-a Eeng-eet-chuna), means “I am not alone” in the Iñupiaq language. The Iñupiaq traditionally lived near or on the northern Alaskan coast or in the interior of northern Alaska. They were mostly known as hunter-gatherers that lived off of walrus, seal, whale, polar bears, caribou, and fish as well as ducks, geese, rabbits, berries, roots, and shoots.

Well, where's the 'like' button when you need it :)?
This sounds really cool.

Back
Top Bottom