ELEX II - Podcast

Probably one of their best, and also one of their worst relative to the time at which it was released.

Now if it had been released 20 years ago, it'd be another story. It does look and play like it could have been released 20 years ago.

Really, this could have been a hit. They just missed their optimal release window by a couple of decades.

It's easily in the top 3 of games I've played this year.

Last edited:
It's in the top 3 of games I've played this year.

I've said this before, but it's going to be a great year for gaming. For me, it already is with Dying Light 2, Elex II, Elden Ring, and The Chronicles Of Myrtana, and we're still only in March.

I only wish I had more time for gaming right now.

What other PB games have you actually played?

He tried playing Gothic once but gave up after a couple of hours before mastering the controls. He has spent the last 21 years complaining about how bad PB games are. Or something close to that ;)

A bit offtopic...
Podcasts still exist in this century?

People say that podcasts are the perfect medium for longer car trips. Makes sense, but I can't confirm. When I do longer car trips I do them with children and their 'podcasts' are usually include ninjas, super heroes or soccer.

I reckon it depands on who you ask… and time will tell. For me it's not, even with crapy setting and main character it's a cool game though. Better than Elex 1 i guess… Maybe i just got over the before mentioned gripes of the first one or my gothic "fix - itch" was well over do. Whatever the case, it was fun smacking Scavengers and Raptors again.

Unbelievable.

It only makes sense to me that the company that didn't move on from two decades-old game development also hasn't moved on from two decades-old media outlets. I wouldn't be surprised if they distribute records of it on tapes or discs to listen on a Walkman.

Actually I feel like there are more and more using this format. Several of games covered here have vlogs, which is a convenient format. Part of it must be the success of the Twitch platform, that many players have adopted to watch others' gameplay and game-related videos.

I know some of you prefer the written format, and I like it too. It has its advantages but the video logs can illustrate things better and somehow I feel I can extract more information from the tone and the expressions than just reading about it. Here they only show a little gameplay at the beginning so it's mostly to see their faces though, but it's nice to see people too. :)

the company that didn't move on from two decades-old game development
But they did move from good designs to worse.
Trashmobs respawn indefinetly.

Luckily, they kept the supershort loading times, no checkpoints idiocy and no loading screens in the openworld.
Something multibillion dollars worth companies after two decades are not capable of.
video logs
Video logs are not podcasts.
I don't question those.

The idea that podcasts are passe is utter nonsense. What do you cutting edge folks imagine supplanted them? Or do you think nobody listens to things they can't also see in 2022?

Back
Top Bottom