Cyberpunk 2077 - Still Work to be done

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Gamer reports that according to quest director Paweł Sasko Cyberpunk 2077 still needs some improvements:

CD Projekt Red Is Aware There Is Still "Work To Be Done" On Cyberpunk 2077 After Recent Patch

The studio isn't done with Night City just yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 gamplay alterations include AI and NPC changes

Cyberpunk 2077's recent version 1.5 update was a huge step-up, bringing the game closer to what was promised at launch. With free trials and big sales taking place since then, it's clear that the studio saw this as something of a soft re-launch, trying to bring in new players who gave the game a miss in 2020. But despite all the work that went into the update, CDPR isn't done with Cyberpunk just yet.

On a recent livestream, quest director Paweł Sasko confirmed that the team is still actively working to improve Cyberpunk. Sasko says that they are very aware that there is still "work to be done" to the game, and that he is personally improving quests "daily" in order to bring it more in line with audience expectations.

[...]
More information.

I wonder what the company's position on this is, and how much have they officially allowed him to speak his mind on his twitch streams, and to represent the company position.

I imagine they're enjoying the positive outcome from him doing this with the community, but that all stops the moment he says something he wasn't supposed to.

I fired up Cyberpunk last night for the first time in months, and the first time since I got the PS5 upgrade version/1.5 was released. I still have the desire to play, but I don't want to do so until there's some new content. The fact that I almost have to force myself to put it back down bodes well for my motivation to play when they eventually do release an expansion.

I was pleased with the overall improvement after 1.5. In my case though, I hadn't played in about a year, so I was experiencing the combination of at least 3 significant patches since I last played.

I'm glad they're not done though. I know a lot of people here are focused on getting DLC, but if it comes down to DLC vs refining the game further, the latter is more important to me.

As someone who is eagerly awaiting the finished product I hope they are doing both :) I am accepting of bugs in indie games but for AAA products I expect there to be little to none.

As someone who is eagerly awaiting the finished product I hope they are doing both :) I am accepting of bugs in indie games but for AAA products I expect there to be little to none.

There are much larger teams working on AAA games but the games are also exponentially larger and more complex. I certainly don't expect there to be zero bugs in a game like Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm flat out ready for content. If you bake your cake too long you're going to burn it.

Yeah like the 3rd Person camera so we can look at all the empty spaces and cool clothes with horrible stats and low armor stats.

Or on the other hand the clown-like ridiculous clothes with great stats and all the cool vistas.

Same comments and thoughts once again. The game is finished. How do I know? I beat the game four times since it was released, and with the various patches.

The promised expansions wont change the ending just flesh out the world more.
I wonder what the company's position on this is, and how much have they officially allowed him to speak his mind on his twitch streams, and to represent the company position.

I imagine they're enjoying the positive outcome from him doing this with the community, but that all stops the moment he says something he wasn't supposed to.
Well he's one of the leads of development for future Cyberpunk 2077 content so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. The last guy was fired and replaced though.
There are much larger teams working on AAA games but the games are also exponentially larger and more complex. I certainly don't expect there to be zero bugs in a game like Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm flat out ready for content. If you bake your cake too long you're going to burn it.
Yep I've been saying that for a year already release new content. I get the launch was a disaster on consoles but the PC version was playable day one. Get their priorities right.

I get what you are saying but is absolutely possible to do both. Look at their last game - Witcher 3. The game is literally oozing content and it has very little bugs.

Also I said little to none, which certainly doesn't mean zero ;) Some cakes need a bit more time in the oven than others. If they are decent they can make the icing while the cake is still in the oven ;)

I get what you are saying but is absolutely possible to do both. Look at their last game - Witcher 3. The game is literally oozing content and it has very little bugs.
While you may be right also new insight about why Witcher III was less buggy then CP 2077 is basically because of the Red Engine. It wasn't a good fit for such a game.

In the last month many articles have talked about this issue from former employees.

Actually played it now (bought it, when it came out, but waited until they patched it enough for my taste) and quite liked it now. It's not perfect, but quite nice. Feels a bit Elder-Scrolls-y, not quite finished, a few bugs here and there but playable and enjoyable. Looking forward to the DLC.

The Witcher 3 got plenty of flak for being buggy. Not from me... I tend to complain about (and notice) bugs a lot less often than the average player. But in general.

I will say this: I was never prevented from progressing a quest in Cyberpunk 2077, but I did encounter that sort of bug in The Witcher 3 (in a quest added as an FLC).

Absolutely true. It is important to note that I have not played the game yet and I am basing my views on what other people are saying. If the bugs are in fact on a similar level to Witcher 3 then yes they should be focusing on content.

I played Witcher 3 GOTY last year (fully patched) and completed every single quest (missed one achievement) and never experienced a single visible bug. Sounds like I might of got lucky and chose the right options in some cases though. Regardless, I would be very happy if CP is of the same quality.

TW3 had a few bugs at release, but overall it was remarkably polished for an open-world game of that size. It's hard to fathom how they went from that to releasing CP 2077 in the state it was in.

I really enjoyed the game, but won't come back to it unless the story end is extended. Not interested in mid-game fluff.

Why is everything that happens in the middle of a game "fluff"? Do you read only the first and last chapters of books?

You can keep playing CP2077 after you reach an ending, so I guess you can consider the stuff they add to be endgame content. They're not going to actually change or extend the endings though, I don't think.

More bug fixes for my first play-through? Great! Better quests? Even greater!

Soon this game will be out of, uhh, kappa testing and ready to buy!

P.S. Looks like Russians are review bombing the game on Steam because CDPR stop selling in Russia.

Why is everything that happens in the middle of a game "fluff"? Do you read only the first and last chapters of books?

You can keep playing CP2077 after you reach an ending, so I guess you can consider the stuff they add to be endgame content. They're not going to actually change or extend the endings though, I don't think.

It's fluff because if it mattered to the story, it would have been included in the first place?

It's fluff because if it mattered to the story, it would have been included in the first place?

The "story" is maybe 10 hours long, as it is in a lot of RPGs. Most of what makes up most RPGs, including this one, are quests and activities only tangentially related to the main plot, if at all. If you want to complain about the inclusion of all content not related to the main plot in RPGs, this is an odd place to start.

More bug fixes for my first play-through? Great! Better quests? Even greater!

Soon this game will be out of, uhh, kappa testing and ready to buy!

P.S. Looks like Russians are review bombing the game on Steam because CDPR stop selling in Russia.

Like for "kappa testing".

Back
Top Bottom