Arx Fatalis - Demo Available for Remaster Mod Arx Insanity

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a remaster overhaul mod for Arx Fatalis called Arx Insanity in which a demo is now available.

In March 2020, we informed you about a remaster overhaul mod for Arkane's classic action RPG, Arx Fatalis. And, we have some good and some bad news for all two Arx Fatalis fans out there. The good news is that there is a demo you can download for this mod. The bad news its final version has been delayed.

[...]

The demo for Arx Insanity will let you test the first levels of the game as early access, sneak and use stealth in the goblin prisons, visit the outpost and survive the dangers of the crystal caverns. This demo is only available in English, Spanish, Russian and Italian.
More information.

Nice. I was pretty excited when they announced this but kind of forgot about it with so much going on this year. I'll definitely check out the demo when I have time.

Guess I'm fan #2 :lol: I'm intrigued

And, so you need the orig game? I still have it on disc somewhere I think…
How to apply this mod when released?

Yes, you need the original game installed. Just unpack the mod files into the main install folder.

I'm playing it now. I almost forgot how atmospheric this game is. It's been so long since I last played it though that I can't tell what the mod changed tbh.

The runes are definitely easier to draw now. That much I do know.

Very nice, one of the goldies i never replayed. Didint even finished it back in 2004, had some puzzles and did not had google back then :lol:

A worth of playing. Despite the size of the world of Arx, there was so much going on. All the hidden story plots, areas and locations, secrets etc. Exploration and thinking was rewarded a lot. This game has so much interactivity with environment. It puts many modern games in shame in that regard. The spell/magic system is an other worthy thing to point out. It is quite complex and fun. There really hasn't been anything like that since then. I highly recommend giving Arx a chance. :)

All good to hear. How does it look? I'm assuming this is essentially an HD visuals mod?
Played this game when it came out without pause over a month (most games I play, stop for two years, sometimes finish)

Poster above nails it, and I remember the secrets that you would often wait well into the game to have the skills to access. You knew something was behind that locked door for a while.... the crypt level was creepy....and also the goblins would run away from me more often than not when I attacked. I was chasing after them. I was in their homes murdering them. Not what I expected.
Only disappointment in terms of interaction/lore
The bottom level was where the dwarves were. But they were gone. I was looking forward to meeting them. Then again, development resources could only go so far, it was forgivable. Unless I'm remember this completely wrong
Well the top level with humans was low population as well. But either way it was about going underground and exploring, discovering, magic, fantasy NPCs, and survival gameplay.

Only disappointment in terms of interaction/lore
The bottom level was where the dwarves were. But they were gone. I was looking forward to meeting them. Then again, development resources could only go so far, it was forgivable. Unless I'm remember this completely wrong

Yeah, but that area also had a certain very memorable encounter. It scared the shit out of me the first time I experienced it. I remember literally jumping back into my chair. One of the few times I've physically reacted to something happening in a game. :)

Yeah, but that area also had a certain very memorable encounter. It scared the shit out of me the first time I experienced it. I remember literally jumping back into my chair. One of the few times I've physically reacted to something happening in a game. :)

I don't recall but I imagine I had a similar reaction based on what you're saying.
Had some moments like that in Thief 1...

My problem is that while I still have the original Discs, my current PC doesn't have a disc player so I can't re-install it. :(

One of my favorite RPG´s of all time. Ultima Undeworld on steroids. I like the new Arkane games, pity that they never did Arx2. I remeber there was a puzzle on the city I never solved, will try it again once the mod is done. :)

Couldn't wait for this to be finished; I began a new playthrough of the original, my first in years. Still fun.

Yes, seemed like the best option and was an easy install.

Back
Top Bottom