Mass Effect save game

Well, it's only a 20 hour game, so 13 runs through it takes about 260 hours. That may sound like a lot, but it's only twice through BG1 + BG2 (including add-ons). Still, I have probably invested more hours into ME than most.

I must be slow ... I average at least ~120 hours for BG2 + TOB ...

Well, the speed increases every time you play through it. I have 30+ in BG 1/2 and 13 in ME, so the speed is fairly high. I'm sure there are players with more, that complete the games faster than I do.

@NecroRaise, I will see what I can do. I'll reply in a PM soon.

I did all the side-stuff in ME (I think) and I got through it at around the 40 hour mark. That said, I more or less hated the side-missions after a while, and it was more an obsessive thing than an enjoyment thing.

I always do every quest on every playthrough, but by now I know exactly where to go and what to do know. Believe me, there's a lot of time to be saved when exploring so many planets if you know exactly where to go, instead of having to drive around in the MAKO for a long time, bouncing around like a rubber ball.

The MAKO works well in the main quest missions where it's used, as the zones are designed specifically to use the MAKO in a certain way. When exploring loads of planets, however, I feel that it's rubbish. Worst element in ME by far - a car that feels like driving a rubber ball.

I always do every quest on every playthrough, but by now I know exactly where to go and what to do know. Believe me, there's a lot of time to be saved when exploring so many planets if you know exactly where to go, instead of having to drive around in the MAKO for a long time, bouncing around like a rubber ball.

The MAKO works well in the main quest missions where it's used, as the zones are designed specifically to use the MAKO in a certain way. When exploring loads of planets, however, I feel that it's rubbish. Worst element in ME by far - a car that feels like driving a rubber ball.

I'm not sure if I played it differently, but I was never in doubt as to where to drive.

Locations were always marked very clearly on the map - though I admit I did take the long way around sometimes, because I had difficulty determining if I could pass over certain steep hills.

The missions themselves - as is par for the course in the modern gaming industry - were always INCREDIBLY simple and required absolutely no cerebral activity.

But you're right, the MAKO had a very poor feel and was cause for a lot more frustration than I would have expected. When I first heard about this feature, being able to drive around planets - exploring at will - I was very excited. But as we all know, the game is as linear as they come in terms of exploration.

Beyond the simplistic character/item systems - the MAKO aspect was definitely one of the worst parts of the game.

But the cinematic appeal and the effort poured into creating a believable world took the game quite far - and I still think it's good to great, simply as an experience.

But as an actual game, and a CRPG at that, it's mediocre at its very best.

Either an Adept turned into a Bastion, or a Vanguard turned into a Shock Trooper. The crowd control is a lot of fun, especially stuff like using Lift on someone, and then Throw afterwards - the enemies will be sent flying through the air, most of the time either out into the atmosphere or over a mountain or something similar, killing them instantly. It's just a lot of fun to send people flying.

@NecroRaise
Hope you enjoy the savegames. Feel free to contact me if there's anything you need help with.

Back
Top Bottom