HOMM3 HD Expansion

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I am serious addicted to this game again, bad.

Does anyone know any sites with expansions that work on the HD vision? I mean I will keep playin the same maps over and over and over again. But would love some new maps to play.

Years ago I use to make maps for buddies to play but they just aren't that fun to play yourself.

Gah! I still need to play HOMM3. Hmm…..

And TW2, TW3, a couple of Dragon Ages and Mass Effects, and more HOMMs, and Civs. Alpha Centauri. WL2. M&MIX, and ….,

And …

….

Never finished BG2. And Dishonored, Bioshock 1. Any of the Divinities......

Pibbur who admits these are some of the games he still needs to play. And who looks forward to partial retirement next year. And who hasn't told the wife yet how he plans spending those days of retirement.

It would seem I have to install an editor and then down load maps that others have made. I will get into install this on the weekend and messing around with it.

For the record I would never want to know the hours I have put into this game since 96.

You'll have to add Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic to that list as well, I'm already well over 100 hours on this and I've only completed 9 campaign missions, just starting the first one described as 'hard'. Super game with very few major flaws in the HoMM vein.

Never played it any of the Age of Wonders, GOG has it for 10 bucks so I guess I am downloading it.

Never played it any of the Age of Wonders, GOG has it for 10 bucks so I guess I am downloading it.

Personally I found Age of Wonders 1 & 3 to be the best. Never really liked 2 & Shadow Magic. AoW 1 is my favourite HoMM-like game, but had AoW 3 had more factions it would probably take the top spot (not got the expansions yet, so I can't comment on if they fix that problem)

HoMM 3 is a fantastic game... I spent soooo much time playing it... and actually I never lost a game, except for when someone else had made the map in the editor and knew all the secrets.

I don't know how they could fail so miserably with HoMM 4.

Yes HoMM was a great game. Who knows how many hours I put into it long ago, lots! I used to make maps for me and my friends to fight in. Great fun. I may pick it up again one day if I ever find the time.

There's a clever little program out called exagear strategies that allows you to actually play homm3 SD on Android on a phone or tablet.

The benefit of this? You can play the complete version that comes with the expansions as well as use mods that also add HD visuals to the game. So, you are sort of getting the Best of Both Worlds if you go that route.

Last edited:
I replayed HoMM3 + expansions not too long ago. Still a fantastic game. I never even tried the HD version though, as I consider Armageddon's Blade mandatory, and it's not coming for the HD version at all as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom