video games and violence

titus

Substitute Shinigami
Original Sin 2 Donor
I need to make a study about video games and violence, and I not some articles that are really usuable for it, and especially articles that are not published only on sites but published in real magazines, based on studies and so. I hope you guys can help me with it.

The thing you need to do is *only* trust articles in 'refereed' journals for factual evidence - those articles have to go through a (time consuming, trust me) 'peer review process where the journal sends the article to several other folks in the same field to review and check for factual issues and ask questions / make suggestions.

Other studies are interesting, and I'm sure you could have an entire section about 'the politics of video game violence' because of how biased and uninformed many of them are.

You will most likely have to go to a library and just ask for your topic. Here is one to look for.

Carnagey, N. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, July 17, 2006; online edition. News release, Iowa State University.

That one you can google. Most online reports have the reference material listed at the end so that will give you more leads.

thank guys, I think just that little bit will be a great help.
txa can you maybe give me some links or way to easier find such articles?

University library, look out for psychological studies in it.

And browse through scientific magazines as well, they sometimes have such studies mentioned.

As cm pointed out, if you can grab one decent source you'll be able to look at the cited references and spread out from there.

Back
Top Bottom