Obsidian Entertainment - Countdown Timer

Hope it's not action. :|

Surely this is the Project Indiana news that RPG (and notably Tim Cain/Leonard Boyarsky fans) have been been waiting for?

The Outer Worlds. A spiritual successor to Fallout and Arcanum in Space? :)

The New World can get a strong competitor. Or maybe spaceship RPGs will become a new trend?

Surely this is the Project Indiana news that RPG (and notably Tim Cain/Leonard Boyarsky fans) have been been waiting for?

The Outer Worlds. A spiritual successor to Fallout and Arcanum in Space? :)
Oooh that would be very exciting indeed!

A really perverse part of me is actually hoping that this'll be announced as a "Microsoft Store Exclusive". Then I can just stop worrying and simply remove "Obsidian" from my list of suppliers of potentialy entertaining crpgs for good.

Not sure i would agree it looks Bioshock'ish at all, it's more like late 1800-inspired. Perhaps a space western FO type of RPG, they seem to have a thing for western theme (FO:NV). Arcanum was almost perfection when it came to setting imo, really wouldnt mind something similar..

A really perverse part of me is actually hoping that this'll be announced as a "Microsoft Store Exclusive". Then I can just stop worrying and simply remove "Obsidian" from my list of suppliers of potentialy entertaining crpgs for good.
You can stop hoping as there is no chance of that since Private Division is one financing this game and making all the calls. I am sure one of those is to make sure the game is on Steam.

Does seem to rather rip off Fallout's humour - their satirical take on post-apocalyptic consumerism.

Can't care less about announcements of announcements.
Gimme the release date or go home.

Meanwhile on another planet:
https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/23/cy...s-refined-as-red-dead-redemption-2-at-launch/
When asked when the next drop of promotional content for the game could be expected, Kiciński answered, “We are not making any announcements right now, but the campaign is ongoing, so you should expect further content. As is our tradition, we do not announce announcements. You will find out in due time.”

Well...Rip off is arguably not the correct phrase when you consider who the creators of Fallout actually were here. It's self-referrential perhaps, a philosophical continuation of the satirical themes as they originated in Fallout. Hopefully it is subtly handled in the game though and not too blatant.

Action RPG from HoOopsie-Dian? AAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!! HoObsie don't even deserve to be shouted down: "Get your SHT Together!" Nah. Just bury them MS!

It's being lead by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, the creators of Fallout, Arcanum and Vampire. That should be enough to get old school RPG fans excited.

I rather suspect it's an countdown timer to the time when they belong to Microsoft.

I'm super excited...to find out if it will either be microsoft store only or a Windows 10 "exclusive". :p

Of course not for older Versions of MS Windows - because people will have to love Windows 10 ...

Back
Top Bottom