NWN2 Is Shadow of Zehir worth it?

Neverwinter Nights 2

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
This reminds me, never finished the damn thing. Remember running around the world map like a little toy soldier, looked pretty funny, played only a couple of hours, shipwreck, something, something.
Anyway, anyone has impressions on it? It's not mentioned nearly as often as MotB.

MotB was amazing SoZ was an experiment with a few nice ideas but ultimately laborious in execution. It was a chore to play through it.

It's fun, and it's the only official campaign where you can create the entire party. That being said, the NWN2 trademarks of solid writing and interesting characters are not present, and the main story is half decent at best. Also, the fight difficulty is a bit all over the place, with most of them being fairly easy, but then there's a complete roadblock near the end. Be warned: Build a strong party, even though it appears easy most of the time.

I say no.
Never buy a game because of it's DLC. If DLC is as good as people say, then it would be a standalone product and not force people to buy the main rubbish through DLC.

If you desperately need DLC "enhanced" turd instead of a great main game, go buy Destiny.

I enjoyed Storm of Zehir quite a bit, so if they released a Shadow of Zehir in the same vein, I'd play it ;)

It's an okay game, but it felt underdeveloped in many ways and I lost interest after a while.

I stalled a few hours into it. I liked the overmap, etc, it reminded me of games like Legend (aka The Four Crystals of Trazere), but the execution was lacking. The whole thing seemed a bit lackluster, esp. after experiencing MotB.
I recently tried to get into it again, but stalled even earlier.

It was ok i guess; i played it when it came out. Did not like the overland map and vaguely i remember some bug that made it really slow some of the time - but i finished it eventually - and never played again. Mask of B was much better (imho).

Back
Top Bottom