Kingdom Come - Play a normal One

I don't love the 3 second animation every time you pick a plant. Talk about padding the game time...

Quite a beautiful game overall though. Love all of the vegetation and I know it'll get even better with mods (hopefully @vurt;) I've already modded in unlimited saves and dropped the intro movies.

I don't love the 3 second animation every time you pick a plant. Talk about padding the game time…

The animations seems to get faster as your herbalism skill increase (it does feel faster between level 0 and level 5 herbalism to me at least) and you pick more and more plants of the same type around you as your skill increase which speed up the process too.

It's only slow at the start. At level 10 herbalism, my Henry is a flower picking machine…and he smell nice (lol).

Herbalism? I wish that was the annoying part…
Just wait till you get to numerous quest bugs. Did they hire someone from Bethesda for those? Forgive me but quests tend to break so frequent as if this game is Skyrim 2.

Make a separate save every time you start a quest, it's a lifesaver. For the xth time: in the current state of the game, save anywhere mod is a must!

Quite a beautiful game overall though. Love all of the vegetation and I know it'll get even better with mods (hopefully @vurt;) I've already modded in unlimited saves and dropped the intro movies.

I thought this was a no-no for you ?

He spotted that there are Casanova and McLovin achievements that are must haves on Steam profile. :evilgrin:

Make a separate save every time you start a quest, it's a lifesaver. For the xth time: in the current state of the game, save anywhere mod is a must!

Yeah, I always try to play a game vanilla first. I'm only at 5 hours in, but I'm installing that before I play next.

What was a no-no? The game? Joxer convinced me to try it.
mods? I'm a big proponent of modding a game to be convenient as possible.
Something else? Give me a clue :)

Yeah the game since it has no magic

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You're dead on right there. I normally don't play non-magic games. Since this is supposedly open-world, first person, single-character, I'm giving it a try. I'm ambivalent about it so far, but I haven't gotten out of the prologue yet. I've restarted 3 times with different stats chosen just to see if it makes much difference. This 3rd game, I was able to avoid being shot by the arrow on the way to the T-place

Now I've played to Rattay and I'm finding the game pretty dull. I may give it a little longer but skill leveling is pretty slow for Henry the peasant and melee combat bores me to tears. There's a lot of it too.

Skill leveling is slow? Weird, I find it too fast.

You made it to Rattay and think there was a lots of combat to get there? o_o What have you been doing? You aren't supposed to fight anything until you get to Rattay. In fact, you can get there with only having faced one dude in a scripted encounter that you can't win. The rest are all optional fights based on how you handle things and what you decide to do.

Actually there is one probably mandatory encounter…
A scavenging bandit in front of your now burned to the ground village can appear and you must fight him. But he's easy, you can KO him with two hits.

Said before and am saying again, follow the main story in Rattay till you get yourself a horse. After that start playing "for real" aka exploring. And piling up some $ to buy the best (tier 5) horse. It'll take you cca 2000 coins.
And training combat and moves of course.

Not sure what's dull exactly. Just don't kill executioner. He has a quest later in the game where you'll need to "dull" a weapon. That quest is not for the faint-hearted.

hmmm. I've killed dozens of bandits while moving from T-town back to where my parents are laying. I've got tons of weapons and armor from those kills. I've had to make caches to come back to later. I couldn't fast travel.

In fact, I'm riding a horse and when I hit a cutscene near Rowena? all of a sudden my horse disappears. The horses name was Olena I think and I picked it up while the men were raping Teresa.

None of those horses are yours and none will wait for you.
The first horse that will belong to you and will never leave your side is Pebbles. As any other horse you really own, he appears when you whistle (X).
Since he's probably the worst horse in the whole game, you'll want to buy another as soon as possible.

Yeah, I doubt I'll even get Pebbles. I'm pretty bored with the game already. I think I play normal in real life and don't really get excited about it in a game. Henry has about 500 gold after selling his stuff in Rattay. I bought a bunch of skills but none of them do anything really. It just takes way too long to get to interesting content imo.

The game DOES make me want to load up Skyrim again, so not a total loss :D

Pebbles isn't that bad. He carries my loot and I don't have to run everywhere on foot anymore.

I still don't get how crpgnut could kill dozens of bandits during the "go back to Skalitz" quest. There is nothing on the road outside 3 lowly bandits near the village, all of which can be avoided via stealth (or not getting close to them).

I haven't even fought that much people yet and my experience travelling on foot is that you meet people rarely. It's more frequent if you use fast travel, but not by that much.

Yeah, I also don't quite get crpgnut. Don't understand what's more fascinating at skyrim and don't get how you can get bored in these first maybe 10 hours he played.
They surely aren't optimal, but it's more like lots of short sequences with stuff to do, followed by another "cinematic".
So I can understand that you cannot like it, but I don't really think that you can get bored there.

I bought a bunch of skills
Waste of cash earlygame.
I still don't get how crpgnut could kill dozens of bandits during the "go back to Skalitz" quest.
Ignored the main story, went roaming on foot before he got a proper horse.
Note that he said I doubt I'll ever get Pebbles.
The game DOES make me want to load up Skyrim
And fight all the same dragon over and over at Mage's Guild? No, thankyou.

I wandered everywhere I could while heading back to S-town. I wanted to see if I liked the combat, so I was looking for it. I tried several different clubs but couldn't even equip a bow, knife, dagger, or sword without training. Silly. I used a sword in town but couldn't equip one once I had it. I haven't stopped playing yet (30 hours) but I started the first village 3 times with different stats. My dozens of fights are counting all of the start-overs too. Didn't anyone fight during Run!? You can fight there too but it's hard to beat even a single soldier. Doesn't mean I didn't try :D If you ram the 3 dudes raping Teresa, they'll chase you instead, btw.

You know what's funny? I can equip all sorts of armor with no training. I wonder how I even know how to put it on…I robbed everything not nailed down prior to a cutscene at the battlements in Taliban or whatever it was called.

Also, I have the save anytime mod, so I can lose and then refight battles. I'm probably adding several losses as a separate count even though it saves as only one battle when I win.

I will say this. The story in this game beats the snot out of the "civil war" in Skyrim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom