Tales of Vesperia - Launches January 2019

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TechQuila reports that Tales of Verperia: Definitive Edition launches January 2019.

Bandai Namco announced that Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will launch for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch on the 11th of January, 2019 in the Americas and Europe.

Below is a teaser image of the special edition that will be available at launch:

[...]
Thanks trespasser!

More information.

If it is like Symphonia, then I'll be getting it. If it is more like the other two that were released for the computer, then I'll likely take a pass on this one.

If it's not like Berseria but is like Zestiria, count me out.
If it's completely different in a way there are no trashmob respawns, I might still budge.

Wikipedia says its original title is "Vesuperia". I do wonder what this might mean ...

That Japanese people have troubles to pronounce consons without a vowel to press on.

Stay out of my garden chien, those herbs aren't for anyone.
Wikipedia says its original title is "Vesuperia". I do wonder what this might mean …
It's just a name and the original title is not Vesuperia but Teiruzu Obu Vesuperia.

Out of pure arrogance translators often change japanese names into whatever they want. Remember Usagi from Sailor Moon? Yea, I got sick when I stumbled upon dubbed (eng) version where they call her - Serena. wtf.

Etc etc, there are numerous examples through history where amateur translators ruined the original japanese work. The recent travesty is within a week old Dragon Quest XI. In english version there is a character named Jade. In original version her name is Martina. Yes, I'm serious. Some schmuck responsible for translation probably hates name Martina and just had to change it into whatever other name as proof of stupidity.

… and the worst example is of course when they translated the film "Seven Samurai", shamelessly moving the the whole thing into a wild west setting.

:biggrin:

Eh? I didn't watch Kurosawa's perhaps greatest masterpiece with english subtitles so dunno nothin' about that.

If you're aiming at remake of a sort where Hollywood wasn't just cloning but changed setting while respecting the original vision, that wasn't wrong at all and the result was awsome. It's a rare case where the adaptation wasn't silly but was equally worth watching just as the original.

Then again, those were days when Hollywood knew how to make a good movie even if it's just an adaptation. Nowadays adaptations they do are plain junk, for example this trash is unwatchable unlike the original series:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406376/

Back
Top Bottom