DA:I Too much content vs main quest

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm L14 now and cleared out Hinterlands and Crestwood except for the dragons, and a good chunk of the Western Approach. Glancing at the walkthrough to see what kind of level progression I needed to stay appropriate levels for the main quests I see that the last 3 run together and are all 16-19!! I have like 15 other areas I haven't even stepped foot in. How can I avoid over levelling and still do the content?

Not sure if this will help you now but in the settings there’s a trial called take it slow that will cut xp rewarded in half.

Other than that maybe there’s a mod that will slow xp gain even more. Not sure though.

If he has the trials (requires the Trespasser DLC or GOTY version), he can also take Even Ground which level up everything that is under your level but that makes you level up faster.

Leveling slow down too and if there is a too great difference between you and the monsters you don't get XP so your leveling progress tapper off. You can't reach the level cap (27) in the base game by doing all the content, you'll stop around level 22-24.

Also, the Hissing Waste and Emprise du Lion are technically meant to be done after you finish the main quest.

I thought about using trials in the beginning but on that page it states that the game becomes unstable when you use them, so I chose not to do it. Also whats the deal with the Deep Roads area quest that is blue? Why is it a different color, is it a dlc quest?

I thought about using trials in the beginning but on that page it states that the game becomes unstable when you use them, so I chose not to do it. Also whats the deal with the Deep Roads area quest that is blue? Why is it a different color, is it a dlc quest?

Trials can cause, (rarely from my experience), enemies and party members to stop moving. For party members, you just have to select them and use a skill to "unjam" them. You can enable/disable trials at any time, but for event ground you have to leave the area and come back for it to take effect. The trial that gives new abilities to enemies can cause entrance Barriers to get wonky too.

Yes, the Deep Roads blueish marker is a DLC (The Descent). It scale to your level, while the Frostback Basin is level 20+ area for Jaws of Hakkon DLC. The last DLC, Trespasser is p a post-game "expansion" set 2 years after the game ending only accessible once you have finished the main story (make sure to finish any base content you want to finish before starting it, it clears the map).

Back
Top Bottom