What Codex moron got banned and why?

Do you seriously expect someone here will click on an obvious link to codex forum?

Such optimism I haven't seen in years.
Next time mask it within URL tags so we fall into a trap.

Well, he got banned. He is used to it though, as in one of his posts here he already complained that he gets banned on all official game forums where he has been active on. Now he is also banned here.
I noticed on the Codex he mentioned he has never been banned except on eBay. Seems like a reliable person...

They ban people like crazy on official game forums, though I never got banned from one.

I actually liked Minority Report somewhat. I think some people here are too quick to try and play internet policeman to make someone always post positive things. Well of course that leads to a bit of flaming.

I don't know the specifics of his ban, though.

Do you seriously expect someone here will click on an obvious link to codex forum?

Such optimism I haven't seen in years.
Next time mask it within URL tags so we fall into a trap.
It won't make your dick melt or anything, it's just an disgruntled user who was unfairly banned from the watch and for obvious reasons couldn't make the complaint here.

I see the judge has spoken!! Sorry, but WE decide whether a ban is FAIR or not, you don't!! Considering how few people have been banned EVER on this site, you're in NO position to claim it was unfair!!

I'm free to hold my own opinion, am I not? He said in the linked thread that he was banned because
Apparently I got banned for being a hate-poster :/
and considering that I've never seen him write anything insulting or trollish I don't at all see why he was banned. So what if I deem this unfair? Are you going to ban me too?

I do so enjoy a good round of righteous indignation. Is this really going to go anywhere? What's done is done. There's really no need for self-appointed white knights to ride to the rescue here. Your attempt to build a persecution complex out of thin air was rather poorly done, if I do say so myself. Martyrdom is best done subtly, or it just comes off as opportunistic self-promotion.

As if you would know the first thing about persecution.

Also, whiteknighting doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

As if you would know the first thing about persecution.
And you base this bit of ironclad insight on what, exactly? Full points for trying to steer the conversation down an easier road, but you've still got a lot of work to do on that whole subtlety thing...

Calm down, everybody. He was banned because he repeatedly attacked a banhammer-wielder in a personal manner. Played with fire and got burnt. Period.

Anyone who moans about being banned from an Internet forum hasn't experienced enough problems in real life. A bit of perspective would be good.

Also being rude is not an inalienable right.

I resent the way the title of this thread is worded. It should have said 'What moron got banned then posted about it on Codex and why?' Just more unnecessary discrimination against us.

What did we ever do to you guys to deserve such hatred? ;)

I resent the way the title of this thread is worded. It should have said 'What moron got banned then posted about it on Codex and why?' Just more unnecessary discrimination against us.

The Watch isn't big into hate, which is part of the appeal. This guy got all the chances anyone could reasonably expect.

But we can't help but notice a pattern when it comes to Codex members, current or not.

Not fair to the exceptions, but it's a clear pattern all the same.

That said, I never use patterns against individuals - and they always get the same chance as anyone else. Mostly because I've never been a joiner myself - and I never really felt at home anywhere my family wasn't present - or unless I'm alone.

But if you've ever been a member of the Codex and you've enjoyed participating at that place, I have to question your position on sound and useful exchange. It means you don't mind the noise and I have a very hard time correlating that with someone who's genuinely interested in productive communication.

Well, isn't it enough to look at that thread? :p

That said if all the codexians posted like you do, it'd be a very friendly place.....

More evidence that my initial suspicisions were correct:
Defendant said:
I just read this on a thread about me on the other forum:

Accuser said:
Calm down, everybody. He was banned because he repeatedly attacked a banhammer-wielder in a personal manner. Played with fire and got burnt. Period.
Which is horseshit.

I notice they didn't provide either links or quotes…
Defendant said:
Over there they spout all this 'honest to goodness' horseshit but, in reality, they are just equally massive trolls - they just lie about their position. Like, hi, welcome to the site, we like sensible adult discussion - provide sensible adult discussion - *insult* *insult* *insult* every fucking thread where you post more than two posts - then fucking ban you on a lie because they've run out of ways to try to make you 'melt down' for the big excuse-ban. It's, like, fucking hideous.
Defendant said:
I see a few of the biggest trolls are suggesting "He had it coming for a long time" which is just more horseshit. On the day I got banned I was posting on a thread criticising a well known internet troll. I tried to interact with some people on the thread and suddenly I was being inundated by people writing "Ignore list". I made a joke about it and got one solitary warning from a mod. Whatever, I stopped the jokes and went back to posting normally. A few posts later and a mod deletes a post that's entire contents is:

"lol, funny…"

(in response to another guy randomly saying "ignore list")

And then I was banned. But I have no idea why or what specific actuality caused it. I certainly have no idea whatsoever about any long-term "had it coming" horseshit. As far as I can tell it was a few posts on one specific subject and I was shot in the face and bundled into the boot of a car…

Now what did he actually post that got him banned? If the opposition would present their evidence. I mean if he sent a mod a real nasty message I could understand but I've seen nothing like that. Did you guys really bully him for a while and then banned him for nothing or was there a real reason? :paranoid:

Back
Top Bottom