|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Drivable Vehicles and Planes

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - Drivable Vehicles and Planes

September 3rd, 2016, 23:10
Gamepressure reports that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature drivable vehicles and planes:

[…]

CD Projekt RED are very stingy when it comes to sharing new information about Cyberpunk 2077, their upcoming RPG, which is said to be bigger and better than their previous hit The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. However, they couldn’t prevent the Internet community from viewing their job offers, which reveal some tasty details on the game. One of them, for a senior vehicle artist, mentions the need for modeling “incredibly complex vehicles, planes, bikes, robots and mechanics”. Another one says that the vehicles will by drivable/flyable and have different handling models.

[…]

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 3rd, 2016, 23:10
Thank you for the info, Farflame!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 00:48
The bane of my gaming existence, drivable vehicles in games. They better at least have the ability to use K&M and controller together so I can switch to drive.

Not even sure I'll be picking this up anyhow. I really enjoyed the Witcher but Witcher 2 is wearing on me with all the cutscenes and I hear Witcher 3 has even more cutscenes. I prefer to play my games not watch them.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 01:25
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
The bane of my gaming existence, drivable vehicles in games. They better at least have the ability to use K&M and controller together so I can switch to drive.

Not even sure I'll be picking this up anyhow. I really enjoyed the Witcher but Witcher 2 is wearing on me with all the cutscenes and I hear Witcher 3 has even more cutscenes. I prefer to play my games not watch them.
Now that the Witcher 3 GOTY version is out, you should give it a try. The cutscenes add to the flow of the game not detract. One of the best CRPGs ever.

spiraling69

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 02:06
Kinda have to have these - it's a Cyberpunk setting.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 02:52

If you enjoy RPG's you really owe it to yourself to play The Witcher 3. PG Gamer named it the number 1 game of all time for a reason. Not just RPG but all games.

Gabriel

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 03:24
I couldn't get myself to finish either Witcher 2 or 3 because the combat just wasn't my cup of tea and because the crafting was just too tedious BUT I readily recommend it to other rpg fans because there's just so much that's well done, despite it not being to my personal taste.

I hope cyberpunk's combat and crafting (if any) is more to my liking.

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 03:36
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
Now that the Witcher 3 GOTY version is out, you should give it a try. The cutscenes add to the flow of the game not detract. One of the best CRPGs ever.
I wouldn't call it a crpg…Witcher's design goals are more opposite, in fact. But cutscenes and cinematic storytelling are plus in a game with emphasis on dialogue and characters, considering quality of facial animations here.
Imo, they definitely struck a good balance here, considering size of the game.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 03:36
TW2 doesn't even have that many cutscenes compared to some games I've played. I'd like to see you attempt one of the Final Fantasy games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 03:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
TW2 doesn't even have that many cutscenes compared to some games I've played. I'd like to see you attempt one of the Final Fantasy games.
Nowhere near MGSIV… think one sequence is more than one hour long.

Spoiler – Read

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2016, 06:46
Got Witcher three game of the year version as a gift so I'll be checking it out after I finish with Deus Ex.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 07:27
I didn't finish The Witcher 3, either. I guess I'm just a bit tired of that type of action RPG. Superficial character development and rolling around hitting things…not very thrilling action for me. Felt pretty much the same way about The Witcher 2.

That said, The Witcher 3 just might have the best writing I can remember. The characters are actually plausible. Good dialogue. Very nice in that department.

EDIT: Oh, and this was the usually informative kind of trailer. Cybernetic chicks in bustsiers are impervious to slow-motion bullets. Check. Got it.
Last edited by Capt. Huggy Face; September 4th, 2016 at 07:32. Reason: bustiers.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 4th, 2016, 10:03
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm already super excited this is getting made. Already seeing in my mind how good it can be…
I also hope the combat will be better than Witcher 3's. Since this will have gun fights, good FPS mechanics might make this fun as long as they don't dumb it down too much.
The Cyberpunk setting is ace anyways. Great to know they bought the whole IE and are not just licensing.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 4th, 2016, 15:55
Finally some news about this game … even if its drivable planes
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Drivable Vehicles and Planes