This Is the Police 2 - XCOM-Style tactical Mode

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a preview for the strategy adventure game This Is the Police 2 on PC Gamer:

This Is the Police 2 has an XCOM-style tactical mode that changes the game entirely

Plan to prosecute.

Announced in January, crooked cop sim This Is the Police 2 is due later this year. When it lands, it'll build on its forerunner's narrative meets strategy roots and will "require the player's direct participation," so says developer Weappy. In doing so, it'll introduce an XCOM-style turn-based tactical mode.

Here, players will command squads of officers, each leveraging a variety of tools—such as tasers, gas cartridges, traps and battering rams. In turn-based bouts, players will orchestrate raids with the aim of neutralising opponents, and, if you are forced to open fire, battles unfold with realistic damage. In other words, don't expect hit points.

"We came with this idea for an XCOM-style, turn-based combat mode, but of course we didn't want to just make 'XCOM with cops'," game director Ilya Yanovich tells me. "The biggest difference here is that the police force's job is, usually, about arresting people, not killing them. So, we decided to have no hit points in this tactical mode at all.

[...]

[...]
More information.

Seems interesting. Look a bit like JA.
Thnx for this news bit !

Interested. I've airways preferred fictional settings to realistic ones, but I still love JA2 so there are exceptions.

The setting is not my cup of tea, but there seems to be increasing interest in turn-based tactics again (thanks to XCOM). This is good and I hope Battletech will do really well, so I can have more tactics goodness!

Played the first game but never had the desire to finish it, and this should breathe new life in the series. As the original was just a sim game where you played the Police chief.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first one for what it was, which was sim game where you had to respond to crimes in the most optimal way, but after a while it did get repetitive as there was nothing than the story to bring it forward.

Might have been better as a book...

Maybe making it a bit more tactical would make it more interesting.

Feature added for the sake of adding.

Previous products led to police interventions coming up within a short time. Part of it was to allocate police officers, trying to do with a minimal force.

The resolution of events was resolutely off hand. The situations when intervention come at a short notice, or overlapse are not going to be easy to manage with UGoIgo resolutions.
Looks there is also no timer on UgoIgo missions.

They dished the primary dimension of the first product.

Back
Top Bottom