Sunless Skies - New Region Albion Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sunless Skies adds the new region of Albion.

Wishlist Sunless Skies now on Steam or GOG:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/596970/SUNLESS_SKIES/

https://www.gog.com/game/sunless_skies

We’ve added a second region to Sunless Skies! Explore Albion, the heart of the British Empire's territory in the High Wilderness; and the only place you can reliably get a decent cup of tea -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAIL THE STARS. BETRAY YOUR QUEEN. MURDER A SUN.

Set a course for the heavens in your steam locomotive! Lose yourself in a changing universe where even time can be bought. A Victorian Gothic adventure for PC, Mac and Linux. ©2018 Failbetter Games LTD. Sunless Skies is a trademark of Failbetter Games Ltd, 2018. All other trademarks and Tradenames are properties of their respective Owners.
More information.

I never played the other games but it sounds like SS suffers from similar problems, as well as extreme sequel fatigue. The low number of reviews plus recent layoffs is not a good look for the company.

The Sunless Seas game has reasonably good ratings on Metacritic, so apparently most people don't share this rather dismal view. I checked out the Let's Play videos and it seems decent enough. I think it just hasn't had enough publicity.

Last edited:
People usually tend to rate high early released products as negative reports work against what they desire: completion of the product. People figured out that channeling revenues to an early released product increase the chances of completion.

Not uncommon that people who were vocal advocates for a product turn into vocal advocates against once the product hits the final release.

People usually tend to rate high early released products as negative reports work against what they desire: completion of the product. People figured out that channeling revenues to an early released product increase the chances of completion.

Not uncommon that people who were vocal advocates for a product turn into vocal advocates against once the product hits the final release.

Well we've seen the opposite happen; advocates for a game turn strongly against it after release. People have expectations that must be met. The game has a better user score than T:ToN, for example.

Last edited:
An opposite would be a person who is a vocal advocate against a product during early release developpment and turns into a vocal advocate for a product once its final release. Very rare.

An opposite would be a person who is a vocal advocate against a product during early release developpment and turns into a vocal advocate for a product once its final release. Very rare.

This I actually believe is true. I'm very sceptic of your other conclusions though, that people would leave a good review in order for a game to get better because of bigger cash inflow. These cases probably exist, but I'm pretty sure they're uncommon.

What I do believe though is people leave good reviews because they think a game is good, or at least that it certainly can be with more development time. That is not the same thing as leaving a good review although you think the game is bad but hope it will be good with more development money. To far fetched.

I also believe people will leave bad reviews when a game isn't what they expected/wanted. TToN and Elex are good examples of this. Both good or even great games in my opinion, but TToT isn't PS:T enhanced edition and Elex isn't TES5 (both pros and not cons to me, but obviously not to a lot of the people on Steam).

People believe what they believe.

After reading reviews on SEA, people fitted the pattern: they wrote good reviews in order to channel revenues to the product. Some opened up about it.

Beside, the steam forum is also a mine: people who take a stance against an early access product are met by a wall of people who would prefer good publicity to channel revenues. Once again, some of them opened up about it.

The bias is at work.

Elex was a finished product at release. Nothing to do with EA.

Back
Top Bottom